Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Telescoping tow mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Telescoping tow mirrors

Name:  tow mirror.jpg
Views: 2078
Size:  15.5 KB

Anyone using the Dodge accessory telescoping tow mirrors? Are they any better than the flip out factory tow mirrors? I pull a wide body toy hauler, the flip outs don't give me the range of view I'd like to have. Is the running light, turn signal wiring already in the door harness, or do they have to be wired back to the cab somewhere? Any info appreciated, thanks in advance.

"Trailer Towing Mirrors are easily installed to help improve visibility when towing wide or long trailers. All Trailer Tow Mirrors include convex spotter glass for improve blind spot visibility and feature premium-quality glass on a sturdy steel mount tohelp insure stable, vibration-free reflections. Available in Manual, Power Heated and Power Heated with Turn Signal and Side Marker Lights. "

Add Part # Name Description Price
82207297 Mirrors, Trailer Towing 7.5x10 Trailer Tow Mirrors (manual); left and right mirrors, factory mirrors must be removed, power control and defrost functions deactivated $253.00
82207298 Mirrors, Trailer Towing 7.5x10 Trailer Tow Mirrors(power/heated); left and right mirrors, factory mirrors must be removed, power control and defrost functions remain active $363.00
82209293 Mirrors, Trailer Towing 7.5x10 Trailer Tow Mirror (power/heated/turn signal and side marker lights); left and right mirrors, factory mirrors must be removed, power control and defrost functions remain active $507.

Last edited by HDXBONES; 12-22-2007 at 10:07 AM. Reason: edited to include Mopar text
Old 12-22-2007, 08:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the ****'s with heat/electric without the lights and really like them and can see yesterday. I went from a clamp on to these and the improvements are night and day plus you don't have to worry about losing them. Install took about 45 min and it's pretty straight forward with the hardest part being getting the door panel off. I don't have any experience with the flip outs so I can't help you there.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:02 AM

I have the dodge tow mirrors also I really want some electric mirrors. These look good.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:40 AM

I really don't understand why someone would want these over the Dodge flip out heated mirrors. They seem like the cats meow to me.

Only reason I can see is for styling difference.

Mike
Old 12-22-2007, 10:26 AM

really like them and can see yesterday.

That's funny, and exactly what I'm looking for. I'll look into them.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:44 AM

I have the ***** also and so far I am happy with them. I bought the electric/heated without lights. They instal easily and plug right in to the existing wiring harness. The teo things i dislike about them is
1. They sit at a odd angle and,
2. The passenger mirror is not convexed so the view is a bit limited.
Both of these just take a little getting used to.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:05 AM

I have been looking at getting a set as well, but i want the lights on them. Can you see more in them than the old flip out style? I dont have tow mirrors on my truck and need some BAD!
Old 12-22-2007, 12:18 PM

Looking at the pic makes me wonder how much they shake while driving. I know fords and chevys use a simliar set but the arms seem farther apart and look more stable then this set.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had a set of slide outs on my 03 F-350, they were decent, BUT, the fold out on the truck in my sig are WAY better, I can see clearly down both sides of my 5ver. Just my .02

Tim
Old 12-22-2007, 05:18 PM

New Tow Mirrors on 2008 Mega

I ordered the tow mirrors you show for my 2008 Mega, but when it came in it
didn't have the LED lights. The dealership ordered the right ones from their
distribution center and had them in three days....downside was that the correct wiring harness was not installed at the factory and they had to run new wires ...3 hour process, but everything works great now. The mirrors are
very stable (no vibration) and extend to offer a good rear sight picture when towing...I will say that given the choice, I would choose mirrors like I had on
my 2005 Powerstroke, but I do think these are a close second....The LED's
blink "sequentially" when the turn signal is engaged. When ordered as a factory install, the price is less than $100....BTW, the mirrors are the only thing I would have kept from the Ferd!
Old 12-22-2007, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hamilton71801
I have the ****'s with heat/electric without the lights and really like them and can see yesterday. I went from a clamp on to these and the improvements are night and day plus you don't have to worry about losing them. Install took about 45 min and it's pretty straight forward with the hardest part being getting the door panel off. I don't have any experience with the flip outs so I can't help you there.
I almost typed a duplicate post to the one above. I went from clip-ons to the ****'s and they're great. No vibration and excellent view. They didn't have the signal lighted version when I got mine, but they look like they have a place to put one. You can see the removable oval insert looking piece on the mirror head which sure looks real close to being the same size as the LED light that the Dodge version has. I think I'll check around and see if I can find those exact LED lights.

As a matter of fact, I would almost bet that those Dodge mirrors are made by ****/Bestop because they look identical.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:16 PM

Sounds like the doors are not prewired for the lighting feature. Maybe I should look at the ****'s or Dodge's w/out the lights. But my main question is do these style mirrors give you more rear and side visibility than these-

Telescoping tow mirrors-fold-mirror.jpg
Old 12-22-2007, 09:40 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

MikeRP: I have those stock mirrors. They are pretty good and very tough. But I drove my old dads 06 Chevy and liked his slide outs because 1:they can stick out (when towing) a little further than mine and 2:the view, (esp the little wide angle mirror), doesnt change like our flip outs. Im not going to change mine but wish it would have come with them.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:50 PM

I've had both the flip ups and now the **** slide outs from Genos like the ones Rattlinram posted and aside from the different angle that does take a little getting used to I like the ***** better. They are bigger 10"x10" instead of 7.5"x10" or there abouts. You have to use stick on spots but its better because you can put them where you want. When the flip ups aren't up the spots used to always grab my eyes and I'd have to readjust to see what I wanted to see.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:15 AM

How much are those mirrors sell for?

Quick Reply: Telescoping tow mirrors