Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Is this ok/legal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RollinCoalSmoke
Tandem duals at 10k each+9900 truck=29,900 so your over the 26,000 lb cdl. 29,900-10k trl=19,900-??8000trk=11,900lbs. So you can haul the 10k load. Length/weight of load on trl may get you over axle wt.. I haul commercial. If you get stopped tell them your not hauling for hire or whatever you have on the trailer is not for sell-if it's for sale it's considered commerce then it become commercial. I have a lil outlaw in me so i'd haul it. The reason I know about what your hauling can't be for sale is I got stopped about 2 weeks ago over this. The dot officer cut me loose when I told/convinced him the pipe I was hauling was not for sale but for a fenc I was building. His thing was if it was for sale now or in the future it was commerce and made it commercial. Like I said get your outlaw clothes on and lying/story telling boots on and go get what it is you need to haul. If they the law wants to give you a ticket they will and nothing can stop them. If they stop you and are behind in their ticket quota your more than likely to get a ticket for something, so if it's for say speeding do your best to talk them into a ticket for a faulty taillight. All the tickets i've gotten i've learned to talk like a used car saleman to them and convince them I have a faulty something and not speeding, overload, overaxle wt., ect. Good luck.
Even if you do get a speeding ticket an attorney can get it reduced if you have a decent MVR . Not cheap but protects your license . On the commercial part even your own property can be commercial if you make money off it . Race cars with sponsors' logos on the car and trailer are an example . You might get away with racing your own as a hobby . Just look like a loser and tell them you never win any money .