Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

New 2006 3500 Mega Cab 4x4 Inferno Red Dually Owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 2006 3500 Mega Cab 4x4 Inferno Red Dually Owner

Folks,

Great site! I am 2000 miles into my new truck and like it very much. I pulled my 8500 lb trailer for the first time the other day and WOW! I would like to clean the tranny shifting up a little though. I have called several places and looked into this on this site as well. I am not into the crazy power that some of you freak's are rather, I want proven reliability, better shifting, better torque converter management and bottom end power. I do not want to worry about EGT's at any time. For the most part this is what is being suggested:

1. Banks six gun w/speed loader set to level 3 for towing
2. AFE stage 1
3. Cat delete (not crazy about this)

Any thoughts and what’s the best place to purchase these items?

Thanks,

Tony
Old 08-13-2006, 06:07 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why you not crazy about taken the cat off? that thing is like a heat trap most of the older trucks never had them from the get go. Also look in too some differnt exhaust
Old 08-14-2006, 08:23 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DodgeCowboy83
Why you not crazy about taken the cat off? that thing is like a heat trap most of the older trucks never had them from the get go. Also look in too some differnt exhaust
These days, more and more attention is being paid to light duty diesel emissions.....removing the cat is a very obvious and visual emissions infraction. Depending on where you live, this may or may not be a problem - but eventaully, it WILL be everbodies problem. As for the exhaust, why should he change the factory 4" system?
Old 08-14-2006, 08:25 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by iflyguns
Folks,

Great site! I am 2000 miles into my new truck and like it very much. I pulled my 8500 lb trailer for the first time the other day and WOW! I would like to clean the tranny shifting up a little though. I have called several places and looked into this on this site as well. I am not into the crazy power that some of you freak's are rather, I want proven reliability, better shifting, better torque converter management and bottom end power. I do not want to worry about EGT's at any time. For the most part this is what is being suggested:

1. Banks six gun w/speed loader set to level 3 for towing
2. AFE stage 1
3. Cat delete (not crazy about this)

Any thoughts and what’s the best place to purchase these items?

Thanks,

Tony
Welcome to the board,

For much more exposure to your performance specific questions, I would suggest reposting in the 3rd gen performance forum. There will be several guys that will have a ton of advice for you.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:17 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was under the impression that the 3rd gen did not carry the 4'' all the way back that it stoped at the muffler. all the performance exhaust i have seen have just been cat back? will they start hounding even the pre cat trucks too to also have cats on them? i hope not cause all of my trucks diesel an non diesels i have taken them off because they get too hot and its not safe to be running around in our wheat fiedls with a cat on. Sorry for my ignorance about the 3rd
Old 08-14-2006, 10:09 AM
Chapter President

I have never heard of any existing or planned regulation that would require a non-catalyst vehicle to require a cat. It is not as simple as just bolting on a cat on a non-catalyst spec'd engine in many cases. I believe the OEM 4" systems are 4" turbo to tail...