Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Loadleash p67 for the 5.9

Old 09-17-2013, 10:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Loadleash p67 for the 5.9

Just received a email from pack brake and I see it as "if we (alot of us )showed more interest" in needing an extra 100 HP in braking it might spark some interest on pacbrakes end to mod the loadleash to fit our engines .I think some of us are happy with the braking now but I use my trucks in some steep country with it always towing at max GVW, and sure would love to have better engine retarding , but unless we start calling or emailing them they wont show any desire to move forward. lets put a fire under them

Thank You for your interest in our company and it’s products.

Currently the P67 is only available for the 6.7 version of the engine. It is designed to work in conjunction with the VGT system. The 5.9 version does not have the VGT so it would need an exhaust brake and with that we could look a developing a system. Down the road it could become a project, if the market was asking for it. Mostly 5.9 owners find that the PRXB exhaust

brake is all they need, Here is an example, of the braking force,

6.7 VGT measured at flywheel = 150rhp

5.9 with PRXB measured at flywheel = 190rhp

6.7 with VGT and P67 = 290rhp

The newer trucks have higher GVW and less braking resulting in a need for more braking.
I hope that answers your questions.
Regards,
Bruce
Bruce Beck, Regional Manager

PACBRAKE COMPANY
Old 09-18-2013, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be all over that! Pac Ebrake isn't nearly enough for me either and 2 stage would be nice as well.

Guess I better send them a letter too.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:16 PM

Just sent them a letter Rebal.

After my trip this weekend to the coast and back, I NEED more than the inline exhaust brake can provide! If it takes 400hp to pull it up the hill, it needs almost that much to slow it right?
Old 12-27-2013, 06:25 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I contacted them about 6 months ago and got the same response.
I hope the develope this.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyCooter
Just sent them a letter Rebal.

After my trip this weekend to the coast and back, I NEED more than the inline exhaust brake can provide! If it takes 400hp to pull it up the hill, it needs almost that much to slow it right?
Me to please ! I have a need to stop when planned !
Old 12-27-2013, 11:11 PM

I did get a call from them the following week and was led to believe they have it on the project list.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know you guys are talking Pac Brakes.

I have a Jake on my 06. Less than 7% it works great. Not so good at 7% or more.

Truck 9040lbs Trailer right at 15K.

Dave
Old 12-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by CoastalDav
I know you guys are talking Pac Brakes.
I have a Jake on my 06. Less than 7% it works great. Not so good at 7% or more.
Truck 9040lbs Trailer right at 15K. Dave
I'm sorta with Dave on this one. I have Jacobs on my 5.9 HO. I am stick 6 speed, 4.10 axle. Truck weighs 8240 loaded with two of us in and full tanks. Hooked up to the fiver I am a bit of 24,000 (Yeh, I know - - 1000 over GVWR - - - boooo - - - shame on me). I have been on as much as 12% with this rig and was very comfortable with my braking and bluntly came down a 3 mile 12% and never touched my brakes. BUT, I did not try to beat the Corvette that passed me coming down - - I took my time in a low gear. Could I have gone faster with more exhaust braking? Sure. But I am happy with what I have for what I paid and the few times I could have used more if I just HAD to get down that hill faster. The secret it use the right gear and take your time. There comes a time when you say enough is enough and it usually comes when the bank account balance is ZERO.

End of sermon.

Bob
Old 01-01-2014, 07:44 PM

I was fine with just the E-brake while running up to about 27K, but now I'm running right at 30K + or - with hills many times exceeding 9% in the same trip and I'm wanting more.

I guess I could hold up traffic downshifting into 2nd but speeds would be real slow. That would do the job, but it would be nice to travel at about the normal traffic speeds.

Had the Jake first and it did the job for that time when I was maxing 21-22K. I did a Pac install for a customer and I was sold on the road test. Wouldn't install a Jake if it was given to me for free now.

Search this Thread