Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Just bought a 3H GN

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought a 3H GN

Monday I bought a 1999 Exiss 3H GN with the dressing room converted to LQ. Now I just need to get my hitch installed and learn what the hell I'm doing. Going tomorrow for to have a B & W turnoverball, PRODIGY (draw-tite branded) controller and new pullout mirrors installed. Dang, I've been on a spending spree. (New car for wife, new 3500 for me, lease horse, new trailer and required equipment.)

I haven't taken any pics yet but will try to get around to posting some once I do.

Mike
Edit to add pics:
Attached Thumbnails Just bought a 3H GN-rig-side2.jpg   Just bought a 3H GN-rig.jpg   Just bought a 3H GN-sleeper.jpg  
Old 03-29-2007, 03:07 PM

congrats, sounds like a nice trailer, mind if I ask what you gave for it? I've been tossing around the idea of getting another 3 or 4 horse with a small LQ in it.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by HorseHauler
congrats, sounds like a nice trailer, mind if I ask what you gave for it? I've been tossing around the idea of getting another 3 or 4 horse with a small LQ in it.
Nope don't mind at all. I paid $13,800 which seemed like a fairly good price. The conversion is far from total in that it doesn't have a sink or stove but it does have a small microwave, TV w/vcr and a DVD running off a 2,000 watt inverter. I'll try to remember to get some pictures tomorrow and post them.

Mike
Old 03-29-2007, 05:29 PM

Sounds good, would love to see some pics. Exiss makes some nice trailers
Old 03-29-2007, 08:49 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Horse Hauler and I and a few others seem to be the horse folk around here if you have any questions give a holler I have been rowing horse trailers down the road for a spell or two now with my clutch going south I having to slow down tell I get my con ofe. Any ways back to topic at hand

I am in the middle of getting ready to pull the trigger on a new horse trailer too I am looking at a 2006 3h slant with the bare min dressing room I believe there wanting like 9200 for it
Old 03-29-2007, 09:01 PM

yea any questions i'll be more than happy to help as much as possible.

DodgeCowboy, I'm guessing that is a stock type trailer for that price? What brand?
Old 03-29-2007, 09:11 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Nope its a horse trailer I am looking at getting away from using my bar top stock trailer for the horses. Its a 2006 Trails West Adventure 3h Slant
Old 03-29-2007, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by DodgeCowboy
Nope its a horse trailer I am looking at getting away from using my bar top stock trailer for the horses. Its a 2006 Trails West Adventure 3h Slant

Where are you guys finding these trailers for so cheap?

I'd like a 3H slant, GN, mid tack, LQ (bathroom, stove, fridge, etc.), but anything used and half decent up here is still $45000-60000. And, that's not even very fancy - fairly plain. You don't want to know what they want for new.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:04 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Like what kidn of living quaters festus this when I retire I am buying one of these and I am going to hit every horse camp I can get to in oregon then though washing and canada and back adn though montana and hopefully end up in wyoming and hire on with some big ranch buckarooing

Only $114,500

Old 03-29-2007, 10:04 PM

Thanks guys, at this point I mostly don't even know enough to know what questions I have. I am still pretty green at this horse thing, but I do have a 3H trailer. To bad I only have half a horse. I have a half lease on a Qtr horse and hope to have another half lease on a Peruvian soon so that my wife and I don't have to take turns.

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

Mike

Horse Hauler and I and a few others seem to be the horse folk around here if you have any questions give a holler I have been rowing horse trailers down the road for a spell or two now with my clutch going south I having to slow down tell I get my con ofe. Any ways back to topic at hand

I am in the middle of getting ready to pull the trigger on a new horse trailer too I am looking at a 2006 3h slant with the bare min dressing room I believe there wanting like 9200 for it
Old 03-29-2007, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Festus
Where are you guys finding these trailers for so cheap?

I'd like a 3H slant, GN, mid tack, LQ (bathroom, stove, fridge, etc.), but anything used and half decent up here is still $45000-60000. And, that's not even very fancy - fairly plain. You don't want to know what they want for new.
Like I said mine is a small tack room converted with no pluming or stove. Still think it was a good deal but it isn't someplace you could live for long.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:13 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Mike sounds like your off to the right start one thing you will find out is every body has there own opinion how a horse thinks. My suggestion is take it all with a grain of salt and use what you need and reject the rest and learn from it all. Secondly is you cant ever learn enough your green enough that a horse medical book would be handy to have around as your not akin to the different aliments of a horse. Thirdly if your getting frustrated so is your horse get off walk around or stop and let him and you blow and get your wits with you. If you want to learn about towing your trailer and proper control of your rig take it to a big parking lot and have some one drive around with you in the trailer then you will have a feeling for what kind of stress can be put on a horse getting hammered around in the trailer. If your lucky you wont have the experience I had when are 4h leader piled us all in the trailer and took off across a field and 20mph i like to think i got 4ft shorter from that trip LOL. I am going to cut this short but pm me if you have any thoughts
Old 03-29-2007, 10:16 PM

Like what kidn of living quaters festus this when I retire I am buying one of these and I am going to hit every horse camp I can get to in oregon then though washing and canada and back adn though montana and hopefully end up in wyoming and hire on with some big ranch buckarooing

Only $114,500

Where's the fireplace?? Just kidding!

That's certainly nice, but far too extravagent for my purposes. I need something just to take horses or quads out hunting - besides, something a bit shorter might make it around the corners to our hunting area - of course one needs a couple creature comforts for a lady - like a working bathroom - I have no problem crouching over a log.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:42 AM

Congrats on the new trailer Megabit! DodgeCowboy I have to admit I like your taste on that Platinum Coach. We just ordered ourslves one in February and it should be in our driveway no later than June 11. We can not wait to get it. It is the Platinum 3 horse with an 8ft short wall with all the bells and whistles, although it is smaller than the one in your post but it will serve our needs for now. We are going to get married in October and I told the future wife after we ordered it that we will be spending our honeymoon in that trailer!!!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 11:02 AM

megabit you might want to look at the new tekonsha P3 brake control just got in my batch 2 days ago best control i have used so far half the price of brake smart no jerking or surging

Quick Reply: Just bought a 3H GN