Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

I have had it withthis truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can clean the radiator real well with one of these.

Old 02-22-2006, 10:16 PM

Still another vote for cleaning the back side of the radiator. It can be almost guarenteed that if the puke bottle hasn't been moved the radiator is plugged by the 70-80,000 mile mark.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CROBTEX;
Where I can i get one of those contraptions?
R/
Eric
Old 02-23-2006, 07:52 AM
Chapter President

Made it myself with about $10 in parts from Home Depot. Copper tube, a few fittings and a water cut off for the hose. I crimped the end of the tube and used a hacksaw to cut the slit in it. It works great for flushing all the "goop" back out the front side of the radiator. If you have a lot of oil built up on the fan, etc, spray it with Simple Green or the likes before cleaning. Be careful not to puch a hole in the radiator, and be prepared to get a little wet.
I was not overheating, but my temps had gone up about 10* all the time. I was amazed at how much dirt, grass and bugs came out.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:04 AM

Sell the truck

Sell the truck and buy a Chevy or a Ford. Get an Iszuzu tee shirt too.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:33 AM

I put a pre-sreen in front of my truck just behind the grill. It stops everything like bugs, rocks, etc. from getting into or denting the cooling fins. Won't stop dust, or oil, but it helps a lot and does not change the look of the truck at all. You have to look for it to see it.
It sounds like a cheesy idea, but I am a believer in the pre-screen now after seeing the differnce in how clear everything stays behind it.

Big Jimmy
Old 02-23-2006, 09:59 AM

Uh - has anyone noticed that 427AC hasn't posted anything since his first post?

And Hohn - where did you get that Will Ferrell/cowbell avatar? That's AWESOME !!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 11:28 AM

Ya he kind of acts like a troll doesn't he , in a round about way he brags on Ford cuts on Cummins and disappears into the sunset never to be heard from again .
Old 02-23-2006, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by John Halter
Ya he kind of acts like a troll doesn't he , in a round about way he brags on Ford cuts on Cummins and disappears into the sunset never to be heard from again .
Man you guys are a tough crowd.
With or without the thread stands on its own, so who cares what the original poster is doing. Maybe he got run over by one of his trucks... or he has a JOB.

Big Jimmy
Old 02-23-2006, 03:08 PM

Gee, doesn't everybody read here when they're AT their JOBS?
Old 02-23-2006, 03:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by truckjunkie
Uh - has anyone noticed that 427AC hasn't posted anything since his first post?

And Hohn - where did you get that Will Ferrell/cowbell avatar? That's AWESOME !!!!
I ripped it off (actually had permission) from a guy on Northwest Bombers. He gave me the link, and I just had to resize it a bit to work here on DTR.

It makes me laugh every time I see it!
Old 02-23-2006, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by SafeHarbor
I wish.....
Old 02-25-2006, 06:32 PM

I have had it with this truck

Sorry Guys. I posted the message on Tuesday and Last I checked it is now Saturday.That means three days. I don,t spend every waking moment on this site. Every time I have towed with this truck it has given me this problem. A I spent most of this week working and talking to several shops in the area about the problem. The Ford made the run after i made my run and I drove behind his truck. Unfortunately The only gauge on the truck is a boost gauge. It held 28PSI I did take the radiator out of the truck last summer and washed everything out of the back side. The tranny has a billet Torque converter and it was rebuilt less than 10K ago. After talking to several shops in and around Denver, the VP 44 has been condemed.
Finally, Anyone that wants to meet me at the bottom of this hill with 20000 pound on a trailer and show me 65MPH can email me with a time. The scales are at Ward road and I-70.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by big jimmy
Man you guys are a tough crowd.
With or without the thread stands on its own, so who cares what the original poster is doing. Maybe he got run over by one of his trucks... or he has a JOB.

Big Jimmy
Exactly. I once posted how great this place was, now it seems its bag and rag. Half you smart azzes wouldent even know a decent truck if it bit you in the butt cheeks.
Some one is irritated about spending 40K on a truck thats supposed to be the cats meow and it falls apart. I think youd be less than satisfied to. Instead you reply with "buy a ford or chevy" or you take it personally like they just did your wife.
Sad.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by SafeHarbor
Don't exactly have a laptop up on the scaffolding!

Quick Reply: I have had it withthis truck