Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

you dont have to read this.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 09:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by derek840378
top and i had a discussion last night and i realized we are lucky to have a site like this. alot of you would would have boring, stock, maybe un-functioning trucks if it werent for this site. we dont need to mess it up w/ stupid, sometimes offensive matterial. we should all thank Mr. Ellis and Mr. Thorpe for bringing us this great site. call this brown-nosing or butt-kissin if you want but when it comes time that i have me a ctd i want to be able to access this site.

I totally agree A#1 I would even like to fly the DTR decal (If we only had one hint hint LOL)on my truck to show my support to the best group of people in a online site I have ever come across. Most sites are set up as selling venues for dealers and if your not buying then your not really welcome but here you find honest answers with no strings
Old 12-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks for the sentiment Derek it is appreciated a great deal. You pretty well hit the nail on the head, we just want to be able to have a user friendly site for everyone, including the children and women who frequent our site.

Sometimes we butt heads and then move on hopefully having learned something from it. We know as staff here that we are far from perfect, but we have to do the best job we can as we see it. Not everybody will agree but that is OK too, you can't please everyone all the time.

The reason we have such a nice site is directly attributed to the quality of our membership. You guys and gals make it easy most of the time, and when we have a problem 99% of the time we can talk our way through it.

It would be impossible for us to agree all the time on every issue, and frankly pretty boring if we did. Thanks to all of you who put up with the daily strain, and make the effort to work together to make DTR a better place for all of us. I know sometimes it isn't easy, but the pay off has been of great value to all of us
Old 12-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to jump on the bandwagon here, but I read probally 20 message boards on arious topics...

And DTR is by far the best run, and has the best members... And the ONLY one I read regularly (every day)
Old 12-03-2005, 03:06 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by displacedtexan
Not to jump on the bandwagon here, but I read probally 20 message boards on arious topics...

And DTR is by far the best run, and has the best members... And the ONLY one I read regularly (every day)
Now that is kissing up!

Old 12-03-2005, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by displacedtexan

any other site takes days to weeks to get a reply that can help. if you have a serious problem on a sunday night. this site could be the only help you can get.
Originally Posted by geico266
Now that is kissing up!
he's brown-nosing
Old 12-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by derek840378
he's brown-nosing
If you can't count on a fellow east Texas boy, who can you count on?
Old 12-07-2005, 02:10 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Geico266
I agree. .(I can't believe I'm agreeing with a non flyer. )

I have surfed other sites. (Sorry MODS for I have sinned. ) Trust me I'm no prude, I enjoy ....... well lets just leave it at that. But if I want to go to a site were there are stupid things going on I can go there. This site fits like a ole pair of jeans. It fits me. I came here looking for help with my truck and I found it, and it helped me solve problems and save money! I also found a pretty good bunch of guys. Now I feel compelled to help oil newbies with their problems as the ole timers did for me. That's how it works.

As for the too many gun threads posted by our friends to the north. If you don't like those thread don't click on them. Guns are a VERY LARGE part of who we are, like our trucks.

I respect this site for not going "girly" or allowing "bathroom humor", and I'm sure the female members of this site appreciate it also. Again, if you want a girly site I guess there are a few on the net. (I would have NO first hand knowledge of that though. )

I do appreciate Jack & TOP and the Mods (No one being left out, even the janitor ) for their attempts at fairness. Sometimes they fall short, most times they don't. But what I appreciate most is their HONESTY in admitting it is not always fair, but that they try.

You can't ask for anything more.

PSSSST...Top??? shuuushhhh... Dont tell Geico I said this, but.... ditto to all he said.....jest promise never to tell anyone I agreed with The Gecko......
Old 12-07-2005, 07:17 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
PSSSST...Top??? shuuushhhh... Dont tell Geico I said this, but.... ditto to all he said.....jest promise never to tell anyone I agreed with The Gecko......
Butt kisser!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:38 AM
jka

Thanks to Jack Thorpe and everyone else who runs and moderates this site. You guys do a great job and must spend alot of time here, it's truly appreciated.

The information about our trucks is accurate.....everyone posts dependable info. If they don't know they don't post.....that's awesome. The help you get from the members when you post a question is great.

I like how we have the option in the "Other" forum to mix it up a little bit. Some of the topics here really make you think....it's what makes the world go around.

Anyway.....Thanks Again, good job......and hopefully this site is around for years to come.