Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

What happened to my post?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 11:23 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have no problem with the moderators keeping the near ****, profanity and other things that would be "objectionable" to a family site. Guns are a way of life down here, even if they are not where you are.

The last time I checked, you control what you see and read by using your mouse. If you don't like the title, click your mouse somewhere else. It's really that simple.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:33 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by P.J
Who unlocked this thing?
I did, and now I'm beginning to wonder why.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the point of this thread has strayed, it's not about guns. That was just one of many examples given and for some reason you all have decided to take off on that one. And to dissagree with a previous poster, this country was not fought for and won because of guns anymore than guns kill people, this country was fought for and won by those that had the courage to stand face to face with would be opressors and use whatever means needed to defeat them. This thread was intended to understand conflicts of the interpretation and enforcement of the rules. I think it has come to place here though, that although the Moderators have the right and ability to lock it down, IMO that is going to leave alot of people divided and feeling unheard. If we are indeed one big happy family then how about having a family meeting and come to an understanding rather than pointing fingers at certain threads.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Tengu
This is a FAMILY SITE!

Sooooooo the answer to your question is BECAUSE DAD SAID SO!
Actually,.....it's Jack Thorpe's site.
Run the Jack wants it run.
We're just guests.

Originally Posted by P.J
Who unlocked this thing?
Simple solution.........

Click.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Actually,.....it's Jack Thorpe's site.
Run the Jack wants it run.
Ummm..... yes Mr. Head, that is what I meant.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Tengu
Ummm..... yes Mr. Head, that is what I meant.
Okie-Dokie.

Old 12-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by A-Poc
Now obviously we're not on the same wave length here so before I express myself any further I think I'm going to need you to define one of your terms for me. One of those being "Family Setting"... what exactly is that? If different members of this so called 'Family' enjoy different things and have different levels of maturity than that should be accepted. It all bases back to the gun issue again... If members of the younger community are suppose to tolerate your ADULT issues than why can't older members tolerate our NON ADULT issues? Bikini's, women and other closely related threads is a COMPLETE different issue because obviously there are legal rights that apply. Nonetheless I know I will be told that I am avoiding the point however I feel as if I'm also being denied an answer.
Very simply put Because as adults WE will run this site in the manner we feel best achieves the setting we are trying attain. I realize you do not understand any of this because of your immaturity, but when you grow up you will be able to look back and ask yourself "How could I have been so stupid as to waste my time defending turds and farts?"

That is what you are doing here, nothing more...nothing less...

You are using the gun argument only as a screen for your real intentions, like Jack said if you want juvenile entertainment, there are plenty of places on the Internet where you can find all the juvenile entertainment you obviously feel you need.

My best suggestion for you and this deals with all aspects of life, try coming UP to an adult level, don't expect people to change and drop to a juvenile mentality for you. You will soon realize how silly you look defending "turds and farts" and wonder why you ever did.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:31 PM

This is some really funny ...............stuff!
Old 12-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
I did, and now I'm beginning to wonder why.

Just a suggestion, but I think you should lock it up again. Heck, just delete it altogether. I don't think this kind of banter is useful as a "Diesel Truck Resource" at all.
After all, you are the big cheese, I'm just a lowly "Registered User". Have a good one Jack, Lary, Ed, and all the rest of our Mods. You guys are the best!

That's it for me on this one today. I'm going to day dream about shooting another deer tomorrow morning to fill my freezer for the winter!
Old 12-02-2005, 01:59 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I agree. I think we've discussed it enough, and now it's off track. thanks for participating everyone