Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

What happened to my post?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Does your Mommy know you are playing on her PC again?
yes, she's sittin right here. wanna say hi???
Old 12-01-2005, 11:12 PM

to start with guns in the US are a way of life, i myself own 17 rifles and pistols. second i was on another site the other day for a short while, a short while you might ask, well i left because there language was so bad i was offended. myself i think these guys do a great job at controlling this site for all involve (can't please everybody all the time). there have been times where i have thought, what is this doing here and then there were times when i thought why did they get rid of that. point being they do the best they can.
mark
Old 12-02-2005, 02:19 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
The gun thing is an ADULT issue, I don't expect anyone who thinks and acts like a child to understand the difference between that and telling fart jokes. I do however suggest if the gun threads bother you, that you should avoid looking at them Especially if you are supposed to be studying in class

In the mean time we will continue to enforce the rules here in the manner that we have been doing all along. That means we will do our best to keep it a "Family setting" and quite probably make a few mistakes along the way while we are doing it. Hopefully we will do more good than harm and that's the best we can truly hope to achieve any way.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I look at it this way; most of the threads are titled so that you have at least a vague idea about that threads' content. If I see something I have no interest in, I simply don't go there. If I 'stumble' upon a thread of the same nature, I don't go back. (It's one thing to participate in a discussion where there's a difference of opinion, but why would anyone keep going back to a thread that truly offends them in the first place?)

In the end, I apply the same line of thinking as described above to the actions of the site owners and/or moderators. Personally, I think it's the best site on the internet, but nothing says I HAVE to keep coming back here. (and I'm sure there are people that wish I wouldn't! ) Jack puts his heart and soul into this site. Lary and the moderators are equally dedicated as well, and I think it's because of this dedication that the site has created its own feeling of 'family'. While I may not always agree with every decision they make, I can certainly live with those decisions if it means the continued success of the site and that feeling of family.

Thank you Jack, Lary and all you moderators!

chaikwa.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:01 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I've been trying to be nice but we just can't seem to get it. guys, get over it. If you don't like it, go to oilburners. You'll get all the girls and farts that you want. By doing that you get the best of both worlds. Over there, you can have all the sophmoric humor you desire, and over here you can have all the technical information you want.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:03 AM
DTR Founder

Originally Posted by chaikwa
I look at it this way; most of the threads are titled so that you have at least a vague idea about that threads' content. If I see something I have no interest in, I simply don't go there. If I 'stumble' upon a thread of the same nature, I don't go back. (It's one thing to participate in a discussion where there's a difference of opinion, but why would anyone keep going back to a thread that truly offends them in the first place?)

In the end, I apply the same line of thinking as described above to the actions of the site owners and/or moderators. Personally, I think it's the best site on the internet, but nothing says I HAVE to keep coming back here. (and I'm sure there are people that wish I wouldn't! ) Jack puts his heart and soul into this site. Lary and the moderators are equally dedicated as well, and I think it's because of this dedication that the site has created its own feeling of 'family'. While I may not always agree with every decision they make, I can certainly live with those decisions if it means the continued success of the site and that feeling of family.

Thank you Jack, Lary and all you moderators!

chaikwa.

Thank you sir. Your comments are appreciated.

and PS - for those who think that we started this site because of TDR over-censoring, you're not correct. We actually started this site because we felt that many threads were left to go on way too long in many cases.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How many people have been killed by a turd, in comparision to guns?
I wonder if anyone has kept a child molester from abducting their child with a turd????

There is a time and purpose of each!

Put a sign in your yard like this.

NO GUNS on the property.
We only have turds.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here ya go...................

Old 12-02-2005, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
"Family setting"
Now obviously we're not on the same wave length here so before I express myself any further I think I'm going to need you to define one of your terms for me. One of those being "Family Setting"... what exactly is that? If different members of this so called 'Family' enjoy different things and have different levels of maturity than that should be accepted. It all bases back to the gun issue again... If members of the younger community are suppose to tolerate your ADULT issues than why can't older members tolerate our NON ADULT issues? Bikini's, women and other closely related threads is a COMPLETE different issue because obviously there are legal rights that apply. Nonetheless I know I will be told that I am avoiding the point however I feel as if I'm also being denied an answer.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
I've been trying to be nice but we just can't seem to get it. guys, get over it. If you don't like it, go to oilburners. You'll get all the girls and farts that you want. By doing that you get the best of both worlds. Over there, you can have all the sophmoric humor you desire, and over here you can have all the technical information you want.
Thanks for the free advertising for www.oilburners.net

we kind of like it over there. But the way you said it is not quite the way I would have but then again to each is own...

Can someone PM the link - I'm not easily offended...
Old 12-02-2005, 11:09 AM

You better not turn on your TV if talking about guns or seeing them bothers you. I think you guys are doing a great job of running this site.
You can't please all of the people all of the time.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:11 AM

This is a FAMILY SITE!

Sooooooo the answer to your question is BECAUSE DAD SAID SO!

Now GO TO YOUR ROOM AND JUST THINK ABOUT IT!
Old 12-02-2005, 11:14 AM

ya'll wouldn't have ANY of these freedoms and liberties that we ALL enjoy without guns! These freedoms were fought for and won with blood.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:20 AM
DTR Founder

I guess the only answer I can come up with for the "family" atmosphere of the site is this... Can you surf the site while your 10 year old is looking over your shoulder? Can you surf the site with your teenagers looking at it?

In addition, this site has actually been used in the teaching of high school and junior high classes across the country. These forums are seen by a lot of people young and old. In light of that, we keep it as clean as we possibly can.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:22 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Who unlocked this thing?
I have to think that the number of Canadians that appreciate and respect guns and the ownership thereof out number the guys who "haven't had a handgun in their hand"
Crazy how someone with a username of male genitals spelled backwards would bring up that discussions on Guns are offensive!?

This has me thinking of the stupid 4X4 forum where the moderators will spew curses right along with the ignorant members.

I like DTR, with or without the funny little cartoon animations, BUT! Gun ownership is just about as American as Apple pie and white picket fences.
If I were as offended as it sounds like some of our Northern neighbors are I would do what makes sense and stay away.

Quick Reply: What happened to my post?