Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Subscribed Thread Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 12:06 AM

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
Subscribed Thread Question

I am probably doing something wrong; but, when I look in my user CP, just about every thread in the site is in my list of subscribed threads, literally hundreds of them.

Some threads, I would like to subscribe to, so that I can find them quickly; but, the way it is, it is near impossible.

Is there some way that I can only subscribe to the threads that I want??

If I am doing something wrong, what is it??

By the way, I have just spent several minutes un-subscribing to some of the unwanted subscriptions, and most of them are threads that I didn't even read, ever.

Thanks.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, please pardon my ignorance. But, what is a "subscribed thread" and what is the purpose of it? Thanks.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:48 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BearKiller
I am probably doing something wrong; but, when I look in my user CP, just about every thread in the site is in my list of subscribed threads, literally hundreds of them.

Some threads, I would like to subscribe to, so that I can find them quickly; but, the way it is, it is near impossible.

Is there some way that I can only subscribe to the threads that I want??

If I am doing something wrong, what is it??

By the way, I have just spent several minutes un-subscribing to some of the unwanted subscriptions, and most of them are threads that I didn't even read, ever.

Thanks.
Not exactly sure what your doing either. I looked at your profile and "Automatic Subscription" is turned off... which it is the default for all users.
Thus, why and how your subscribed to thread you dont want must be the way in which you subscribe to threads manually.

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
OK, please pardon my ignorance. But, what is a "subscribed thread" and what is the purpose of it? Thanks.
Subscribing to threads is a funtion that will send you an email each time a thread is updated that you have subscribed to.
Thus, if you subscribe to this thread, when I submit this post, it would send you an email letting you know that this thread was updated.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:01 AM

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by DieselDaze
Subscribing to threads is a funtion that will send you an email each time a thread is updated that you have subscribed to.
Thus, if you subscribe to this thread, when I submit this post, it would send you an email letting you know that this thread was updated.
I don't think I am getting E-mail notification and that is good, because I don't want that.

I thought subscribed threads just went into a "folder" in the user CP, so that they could be found easier, without having to search back for days.

I played with my CP a little, in an effort to get it straightened out; but, I may, or may not, have it figured out.

What really has me puzzled is threads that I didn't even read being listed in my subscribed threads.

Thanks.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by DieselDaze

Ok thanks for the info
Old 09-25-2006, 06:54 PM

Ok thanks for the info
You don't subscribe to your threads?
Old 09-25-2006, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by XLR8R
You don't subscribe to your threads?

I usually just go to my profile and pull up "posts by TexasCTD". It will bring up the last posts I made and I follow up with those...then go to the other forums.

I don't think I want an email sent to me on every post everytime somebody responds.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:16 PM

I usually just go to my profile and pull up "posts by TexasCTD". It will bring up the last posts I made and I follow up with those...then go to the other forums.

I don't think I want an email sent to me on every post everytime somebody responds.
Now we have unraveled the mystery of Big Blue's 10,000 posts...