Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Rating threads

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 01:12 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Rating threads

There are hundreds of threads posted every month but I never see a rating on any of them, at least not until yesterday with the post re Darrel Scott. That got me thinking. (Dangerous!) The option of rating a thread or post is there, so why not use it? Would that not give all of us an idea what the others find the most interesting? Why are y'all so reluctant to rate something? Jack, are the ratings anonymous or can you track who rates something?
To some extent the quantity of readers and the replies indicates a level of interest, but in my opinion the rating indicates the quality rather than the quantity of the post.
Comments from y'all?
Old 04-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hi Stan,
I am fairly certain that the rating system could be read in a way to determine exactly who was voting, but it would probably take a good deal of digging by the right person to decipher the results.

But your point is a very valid one none the less, Thats what the rating system is designed for and obviously when more people give us input on these forums, it only helps us to make it a better place over all.

As we have said in the past, we try to make this the friendliest place we can for everyone, sometimes we stumble and learn from our mistakes just like everybody else. Obviously we can't make everybody happy all the time.

But member input is always appreciated, even if we don't agree with it all the time. Keep the ideas and suggestions coming people, we will implement the ones that we think we can incorporate into our system here, when possible.

For those who were here at the very start of these forums can attest to, we have made a lot of changes through out the years, some worked well, some didn't.

We will continue to try and look ahead, and attempt to keep this place user friendly for the largest majority of people we can.

The only drawback to a rating system or the polls we often run here, is that you are limited to seeing only what the "Voting" people think. That isn't always an accurate statement of what the majority thinks.

Sadly only a small number of people actually take the time to rate or answer these things. Just like the Presidential elections here in the US, the majority do not even bother to vote.