Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Nomination...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 04:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In 4 years I hope to have more of a life than this.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
hmmm, I still dont see "Frickin Genius" beside my handle....
Who's bright idea was it to nominate him?

Old 10-27-2005, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I don't know that I am really sold on this idea myself, I think everybody around here is pretty special in they're own way Seems to me that when you start singling out people, you are at the same time alienating others.

JMHO for whatever it's worth
If there is no monitary award then I agree, if you can win some bucks where do I sign up for nomination?

Old 10-27-2005, 08:10 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Geico266
If there is no monitary award then I agree, if you can win some bucks where do I sign up for nomination?

Sorry no bucks awarded, but what I have been doing is choosing Moderators from those who naturally help people all the time here. Phox was the last Mod I added and it was because of his passion for helping people here all the time.

What I don't like about that idea is that somebody might get they're feelings hurt if they don't get special recognition, thinking they are helping all the time.

Lot's of people help out here a great deal and I don't want to alienate anyone just because I forgot to add something to a name. I know most of you guys wouldn't let it phase you but some people do get offended quite easily over stuff like that.

I am not trying to be a sad sack here, just voicing my personal concern on the subject As the last thing I want to do is unwittingly hurt someones feelings.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:23 PM
Banned

You always wittingly hurt my feelings. I should get something for that, shouldn't I?
Old 10-27-2005, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigBlue
You always wittingly hurt my feelings. I should get something for that, shouldn't I?
Could be worse, you could be Hoss.

phox
Old 10-27-2005, 08:43 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Yes you should get a visit from Me and Scotty, and be forced to sit between us at the movies.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:20 PM

Sorry no bucks awarded, but what I have been doing is choosing Moderators from those who naturally help people all the time here. Phox was the last Mod I added and it was because of his passion for helping people here all the time.

What I don't like about that idea is that somebody might get they're feelings hurt if they don't get special recognition, thinking they are helping all the time.

Lot's of people help out here a great deal and I don't want to alienate anyone just because I forgot to add something to a name. I know most of you guys wouldn't let it phase you but some people do get offended quite easily over stuff like that.

I am not trying to be a sad sack here, just voicing my personal concern on the subject As the last thing I want to do is unwittingly hurt someones feelings.
A wise decision, lots of different ego's out there.

I would be after your job anyway.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:24 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Geico266

I would be after your job anyway.
I wish you had it about 6 hours ago when I deleted a bunch of stuff from the store by mistake

I could have blamed it all on you
Old 10-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Banned

Yes you should get a visit from Me and Scotty, and be forced to sit between us at the movies.
I'll be sure to eat some extra spicy chili and a bean burrito with hot sauce on it just for yall's enjoyment.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:36 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay, so I got an idea of how we can do this without hurting anybody's feelings...

We nominate people for bad things... That way everybody that isn't nominated doesn't feel left out, since they don't really want to be nominated, and those that do get nominated, err, we just don't like them anyways so it really doesn't matter...

Or maybe we can, erm, hold a contest... Like whoever sends me the best picture of their girlfriend gets a prize or something... Yes, that sounds like a good idea...

Hmm, I'll think of something...
Old 10-28-2005, 12:38 AM

Good idea sorta. I know Rick was a HUGE help to me when I was first looking to get my CTD this summer. He took lots of time pointing out various things to me on what to look for and what not to look for when selecting a truck. He even went so far as to make some calls around his own town to see if there was anything down there that might spark my interests. Big thanks to you man...you ARE appreciated! Coming from a guy who's still pretty much a newbie...was nice to see someone willing to explain all those things to me.

As for Infidel/HOHN/Dr. Evil etc. etc., I agree they've been a huge help in getting this truck to be better than what I started with!

Couple options possibly to implement I've seen on other boards is a "rating" system... you could rate members with stars, then you could kind of see who you can trust and who you can't...kind of thing. www.hardcore50.com has a similar system of 'reputation' where you can add points based on good posts.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:07 AM

Lary,

Could you at least come up with a term besides “registered users” make us all sound like a bunch of convicted drugies put on a tracking list like “registered sex offenders”.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:01 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
This could spawn a whole bunch of sub-titles such as
- old fart
- trouble maker
- religious nut
- fruitcake
- joker
- farmer
- etc etc

I have been thinking about coming back to torment some of you, but perhaps I should stay away until this matter is settled.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:25 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Stan,
The only problem I see with your suggested "titles" is that several of us who fit into multiple catagories would have a title section longer than our Sig Lines.

Quick Reply: Nomination...