Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Nomination...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nomination...

I and I believe many other members on this great site would like to see two select members on this site, somehow promoted...These two members always are there with detailed explanations for all members...I would like to nominate Dr.Evil and TxDiesel007 to be somehow promoted or reconized...

Thanks for any input....

Mike
Old 10-15-2005, 08:15 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Interesting idea. Another one who comes to mind for me is Infidel. That guy is a posting machine, and he always has good technical information to provide for the users. I don't know what kind of name we could give these guys in their profiles, but I'm sure the membership will think of something good

Great idea.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there is 3 good guys and i dunno who i would pic if i had to choose. but i like the idea
Old 10-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
Interesting idea. Another one who comes to mind for me is Infidel. That guy is a posting machine, and he always has good technical information to provide for the users. I don't know what kind of name we could give these guys in their profiles, but I'm sure the membership will think of something good

Great idea.
I knew I was missing some one....so how could we work that out?
Old 10-16-2005, 06:58 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I think it ought to be specific to the poster's area of expertise. Bushy is the Minister of 1st Gens, Jim Lane is the Wiring Genius, Haulin_in_Dixie is the Dean of the School of Hard Knocks, Infidel is the Master Diagnostician, and I think Dr. Evil would like to see "Frickin' Genius" after his name.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
thats a frickin' awesome idea!!!!!
Old 10-16-2005, 09:18 PM

Sounds like a good idea. There are a few other ones out there as well that should be identified, HOHN comes to mind. I've seen a few guys with titles under there names that nobody else had, John Rodriguez "Tire Hater" and Chaipawa "DTR Janitor?" I've always been curious about that.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Buckshotmckee
I've seen a few guys with titles under there names that nobody else had, John Rodriguez "Tire Hater" and Chaipawa "DTR Janitor?" I've always been curious about that.
I think those were moderators messing with them.

No, not this moderator.

phox
Old 10-16-2005, 09:28 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. There are a few other ones out there as well that should be identified, HOHN comes to mind. I've seen a few guys with titles under there names that nobody else had, John Rodriguez "Tire Hater" and Chaipawa "DTR Janitor?" I've always been curious about that.
I did those, sometimes I get bored and Jack doesn't like it if I change site colors and options...sooooooo....
Old 10-16-2005, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I did those, sometimes I get bored and Jack doesn't like it if I change site colors and options...sooooooo....
Gotcha!
Old 10-16-2005, 10:15 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
I think you guys have picked all the right recipients. This is a cool idea.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:25 PM
Administrator

I've seen a few guys with titles under there names that nobody else had, John Rodriguez "Tire Hater" and Chaipawa "DTR Janitor?" I've always been curious about that.
Well, for my part, it started, (I think), when Jack put 'Chief Executive Officer' under his name and a couple others got similar titles, all well deserved, I might add! A few guys poked some fun at them, saying they wished they could have a prestigious title too, then came up with a few examples. I stuck my nose in the conversation and sarcasticly remarked, (as usual), that I'd be happy just to be the janitor.

And on the 7th day, God, I mean, Top created the janitor! And NO, I don't deserve a title, but someone has to clean up after these guys!

chaikwa.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:51 AM

Tyler gets "Post $#&@!"
Old 10-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Well, for my part, it started, (I think), when Jack put 'Chief Executive Officer' under his name and a couple others got similar titles, all well deserved, I might add! A few guys poked some fun at them, saying they wished they could have a prestigious title too, then came up with a few examples.

chaikwa.
Actually the reason Jack and I have those names is I incorporated DTR and Jack and I are the corporate officers/owners. No lofty title intended merely a corporate legality issue.

I would prefer a title like "The All being, Master of Space, Time and Dimension"
Old 10-17-2005, 10:44 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Since we're talking about names for Lary, I have a few suggestions we might need to consider.

Quick Reply: Nomination...