Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

How do you copy the whole page?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How do you copy the whole page?

Sorry for my lack of computer lingo but i dont know what its called.

I want to copy a whole page and paste it in a thread as an image. How do i do that?

Here's an example of what i want to do. In the 2nd to last post.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...s-t258964.html
Old 01-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clane
Sorry for my lack of computer lingo but i dont know what its called.

I want to copy a whole page and paste it in a thread as an image. How do i do that?

Here's an example of what i want to do. In the 2nd to last post.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...s-t258964.html
There are different ways. One is in menu above choose edit, select all, then in same menu choose copy then when you have box active where you want it choose paste in same menu or in right click on mouse.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:13 PM

i dont think that will work. it will copy all documents/pics/files and paste them into another location of you choosing.

something you could try.....

get the page you want to copy, hit the print screen button, (if a desktop computer it should be above the arrows. if a lap top somewhere on the top right side of the key board) it will basically take a snap shot of your screen (everything that you see on the screen) and then paste it into a word docement or power point. then maybe you could attach that.

there are other programs on the net such as "snip it" ( i think this is standard on vista) and "zap grap" that will let you highlight what you want to copy and save it as a picture.

hope this helps some

edit: the first one isnt what you looking for after reading your post again. zap grab is free and easy to use. google it, should be the first thing that pops up.

Last edited by cmac; 01-20-2010 at 04:14 PM. Reason: i'm a dummy
Old 01-20-2010, 04:55 PM

If you hold alt and press the print screen button it will copy it so all you have to do is click where you want it and paste
Old 01-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Banned

that post a mistake digger ?

I use print screen to capture the page, but it makes it a static, inactive image. copying the link to the entire page lets others click on it if they choose and all items that show up are active, clickable links.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:23 PM

Ok so i hit the "print scrn" button. Open word and paste it on a word doc. It works, but cant do anything with it after that. it's saves as a word doc so i cant post it as an attachment on here... and when i hit print scrn and then try to right click/paste, it wont let me (paste isnt clickable like i didnt copy anything).

I'll try zap grab, thanks cmac

*edit...zapgrab does the same thing as using print scrn... you have to save as word or power point....

I use print screen to capture the page, but it makes it a static, inactive image. copying the link to the entire page lets others click on it if they choose and all items that show up are active, clickable links.
Im ok with it being static/inactive. Thats actually what i'm wanting to do. I want to post the screen capture in another thread. How do you paste it? it wont let me right click paste after print scrn....
Old 01-21-2010, 03:36 PM

do you have vista? if so go to the start menu, programs, accessories, there should be a program called snipping tool in there. it will let you save as a picture.

ha ha i got it.... well kinda... hit print screen, open paint, go to edit menu and paste then save. then you can attach it or upload to you pic gallery or another web based pic hosting site like photobucket, and copy and paste the BB code.
Attached Thumbnails How do you copy the whole page?-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by cmac; 01-21-2010 at 03:41 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 01-21-2010, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by cmac
do you have vista? if so go to the start menu, programs, accessories, there should be a program called snipping tool in there. it will let you save as a picture.

ha ha i got it.... well kinda... hit print screen, open paint, go to edit menu and paste then save. then you can attach it or upload to you pic gallery or another web based pic hosting site like photobucket, and copy and paste the BB code.
There we go.... paint worked. Thanks!.... On to my next thread...