Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

How do the reputation points work??

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Unfortunately that means a lot more work for us admin types. I for one am glad to see the rep system gone. I'll just have to go back to PM'ing my "attaboys".
Old 06-15-2007, 10:32 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is too bad I enjoyed seeing new comments in my rep section but of course I diden't worry about it to much. I think all the guys that complain about sigs should start an approval process ya know so while there going through reading everyones sig and gettin all butthurt about it they could actually do something to get rid of it than they could relax a little ya know.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
The thing with the rep points was simply a matter of children out of control, very sad situation I think.

DTR was founded in 2001 simply because there was a need for forum where newbies could ask a question and not be bombarded with insults from a bunch of knotheads because the question had been asked 100 times before.

That kind of childish behavior is common on other forums but definitely not welcome here. Expecting someone who knows little about these forums to do a search before asking a question is just absurd, and then ridiculing them for asking a question is ridiculous.

People come to these forums for help, smacking them down for simply asking a question is counter productive for everyone. As they become more informed about how a forum like this works, they learn to use the search function and other tricks to help them find the information they need. Eventually giving advice from what they themselves learn along the way.

The reputation points had unfortunately become just one more avenue for mean spirited, thoughtless, selfish fools to harass innocent members just trying to use the forum.

That type of behavior has not been tolerated here in the past, and it never will be. I don't care if 4,000 people join this forum in the next 6 months and everyone of them ask the same question that we have already answered here countless times.

Each of those individuals deserves to be treated with respect and shown how to use the forum, not insulted and harassed because they don't know any better.

If a member can not interact here with respect and common courtesy for the other people using this forum, then they are not welcome here and will be removed.

Most of the people that come here have absolutely no problem interacting in a friendly manner with the rest of us. To all of you we say THANK YOU for helping us to make this a place everyone can enjoy
Old 06-15-2007, 11:38 AM

Well said Top. Thanks for having a great site, I truly hate how much time I spend on here

the removing the kitty does gets a little old and I have only been on here for a year or so. the rest are fine being repetitive cause a lot of times you get different responses you haven't seen before.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Banned

joining this site has not only cost me money in mods for the truck, but i had to buy a laptop computer as well!
the spouse was getting miffed at all the time i spent in the bedroom on the computer at night(thought at first i was on adult sites). so now i can sit on the couch with here and use the wireless.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Banned

3282 posts, 6 hours a day. i am not complaining. I love it here.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
How about just making it so we could only give good rep points?

Nah... some retard would figure out a way to jack it up for the rest of us.

I liked giving people the little green square. Like posted above (by a very wise man) I'll give atta boys through PM's.

Gotta love the DTR...
Old 06-16-2007, 12:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I had no idea my silly little queation would turn into all this. Thanks to the guys who keep this site going and thanks to all who have helped me learn more about my 3rdgen.