Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Horrors!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 04:23 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Horrors!

Jack, Lary, and all others,

To my great dismay, I noted the site was down for a bit. This made me have to do things not in my liking. Since I was at work, I actually had to do some.

This made me complete all required duties all at one time, plus got the do-it-laters done.

Does this make me a disgruntled state worker now?

Thanks for the great site and the good work. I really appreciate the DTR family.

Ed
Old 07-17-2006, 07:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
Jack, Lary, and all others,

To my great dismay, I noted the site was down for a bit. This made me have to do things not in my liking. Since I was at work, I actually had to do some.

Thanks for the great site and the good work. I really appreciate the DTR family.

Ed
BigBlue probably overloaded the servers... wonder how they'll handle his upcoming 5 figure post count?
Old 07-17-2006, 07:25 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by XLR8R
BigBlue probably overloaded the servers... wonder how they'll handle his upcoming 5 figure post count?
It's been compared to the Y2K scare

I imagine they were just toying with the server. I've seen it down three times in one day, for an hour at one point. (thought they zapped my membership)

They are very good about keeping it up though, I have more trouble out of my Bank site, and they are watching my $,$$!
Old 07-17-2006, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good gawd sherod, whatever you do, cover your tracks. Don't let a supervisor know that you got everything done. Lay the blame on a co-worker, tell 'em you were on medication, aliens, anything. If they know you can perform like this, they will come to expect this type of performance in the future. You gotta "nip this in the bud" before its too late.

~Rob