Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Is DTR a dying site ( long time users

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is DTR a dying site ( long time users

Hey guys, Dont mean to be a bugger or anything but is DTR dying out? Being a member for the better part of 10 years, it sure seems these threads use to be hoppin. Now it seems that a post can sit in the top page from 4 months ago. I can admit i visit a little less than i use too. Or maybe thats the reason it seems kind of dead around here lately.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sure seems to be. Since new ownership took over it's gotten harder and harder for some to get signed in. Seems there's some servers that get bottlenecked but they don't update things so that it will bypass them. My internet connection can show me anywhere from Denver to Green Bay, and there's days I sign in here and my browser starts crashing, get the tab closed and it goes back to normal.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:05 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I do think the owners changing hands had something to do with it, there were a few bugs and advertising issues that happened when they took over. Things have settled back to normal, but most folks left during the transition.

Another factor... times change. Folks that were big into the diesel market when it exploded have ran out of money or have gotten their trucks where they want them... I don't see a whole lot of traffic (like it used to be) on the other truck forums either.

I'm still here
Old 02-23-2014, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
I agree with my fellow Admin and friend Mark on the status of DTR and our activity level here. Like Mark, I am still here too and will be here for the long run. I also think that we have an "established" veteran group of members who will always be here with us too. Many other diesel websites have seen
lower activity too.

----------
John_P
Old 02-23-2014, 01:21 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Good post, John. I agree. There is a special place in my heart for the DTR!
Old 02-23-2014, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Guess I don't really see much different other than the typical Winter blahs, it is tough for some of us to get excited about working on our trucks when it is soooo bloody cold out.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
Good post, John. I agree. There is a special place in my heart for the DTR!
--------------------------------
Thanks Mark!

Another thing I didn't mention is I have met some of the NICEST, most sincere people on this site whom I consider LIFETIME FRIENDS and that includes guys like you, Lary, Rick, Ed, Dennis, Jack to name a few. Guys that I have been to diesel events with and had a BLAST!! Mark, I will never forget our diesel rally where we sprayed all that nitrous in your truck plus a few others!! Our N.C. DTR Rally, Dyno and Drag Race was another great event plus the NC Dyno Event in Durham, NC where we actually got Jack to attend an event with us. THAT,.....IMHO,....is what makes DTR a great place!
Old 02-23-2014, 02:22 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I kinda stepped away for a time with all of life's happening, but jumped back in. I suppose others are about in the same boat. Still a great bunch!
Old 02-23-2014, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still find lots of info on here, I use to belong to 2 other sites and have dropped them altogether, prefer this one.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I still like the site and regularly check it out. With all of the historical information and technical post....it's priceless when trying to diagnose problems!
Old 02-24-2014, 03:59 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I am approving new members everyday and I am not the only Admin doing so... Hardly dying here but these forums go through cycles which we see every year.

As long as Ram sells vehicles that their own service dept's are clueless about fixing then forums like this will be around.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:54 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
I visit this site daily.

Even though I've only been here a few years, I still consider myself a long term user. Even if I sold my truck and bought a 4th gen, I'd still be tinkering around, and wanting to know what others were doing with their rides.

If you want to see a dead site, go to TDR. Man, you can hear crickets in the background when you visit that site..
Old 02-28-2014, 04:17 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
A loaded 3500 Laramie crewcab 4X4 is about $85,000 up here throw on a goose hitch, some lights, racks and bumpers and it's getting up there. Now have to delete and lose your warranty then the pucker factor sets in, some guys are on hold.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well, I've been on for a couple years now, and this is the only site I belong too. I've cruised a couple others and didn't like them at all. I don't post as much as I used too, because I have got the blue beast to about where I want it, but I check in and read stuff daily. Sitting out on a rig in the Gulf of Mexico I find I have lots of time to get on.
I have recommended a couple buddies join for all the info on here, mainly Blakes awesome write ups on doing deletes on 3rd & 4th gens.
This is a great site with great people. And to top it all off, when I ordered my southbend clutch, I called and got the Chief on the phone!!! Larry Freakin' Ellis!! I thought that was really cool. Great advice from Larry.
Hopefully we'll all get re-energized soon and start tinkering again..
Take care all,
Kerry
Old 03-03-2014, 03:23 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
I was just thinking that last week, when I was wondering why I had not received any e-mail from DTR after I had responded to about a half dozen post the day before, I was also noticing I after responding that it would still be there several days later.

It is hard to believe that I have been here for almost 10 years and how much of my life I spend on line with my extended family, last week I was here even though I was in the hospital, maybe it is my OCD for DTR

Admittedly I only visit the 1st.Gen and Other section and I do not come here to learn anything but to visit all of the friends and to hopefully share with them my knowledge.

I have always liked to help people, things that are difficult for most people have always been easy for me.

I do not think many CTD owners in the 1st. Gen section will ever have their trucks where there is nothing more to be done, even I have more ideas and things to do.

Jim

Quick Reply: Is DTR a dying site ( long time users