Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

"classic" threads

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:"classic" threads

I'm not sure how programmable this message board script is, but maybe we could save the moderators some time. We could have members vote on a specific thread to become a &quot;classic&quot;. When a thread recieves enough votes, it moves to the classic board.<br><br>Great idea anyway it's done, though!
Old 02-13-2003, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This isn't a bad idea in my mind. Lets hear some more opinions.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:17 PM

It sounds fun, as long as it don't end up all &quot;three word stories&quot; or some heated &quot;oil&quot; or &quot;tranny&quot; discussions in there.... : <br><br>IF it were good technical discussions, that would be a great section to read....<br><br><br>Tony
Old 02-14-2003, 09:39 AM

I'm all for it.<br>DM01
Old 02-14-2003, 12:39 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Gear Poet, if you keep having ideas like this, you are going to risk losing your &quot;out there&quot; image&quot;
Old 02-15-2003, 08:49 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

We always tell them wackos to make a hat of tin foil when the voices start bothering them. <br><br>Not very often, but on occasion, I'll see someone in town wearing a tin foil hat, then I get a warm feeling inside.
Old 02-15-2003, 10:42 PM

I have my foil with me....Y dont we make more use of the tech fact section of the board. <br><br>On the other hand I think it would be a good Idea. Posts like the one about placement of ur CB Or tire offset and size would work in there after they got some feedback. It caould aslo be a read only section that has links to these topic in the other boards.<br><br>Dan
Old 02-15-2003, 10:48 PM
DPG

I think that the classic threads idea I a very good one. Any way it's organized, I think that it could be a nice addition to the site.<br><br>DeWain
Old 02-16-2003, 04:19 PM

What about breaking the threads down into sub catagories.<br>As we all know, when you cruise thru all the old threads, there are a lot of them that are the &quot;same&quot;. Breaking them down into &quot;guages&quot;, &quot;tires and wheels&quot;, &quot;valve covers&quot;, &quot;lift pumps&quot;, etc. <br>It would save a bunch of time when looking for a certain topic.<br>I must be a bit of a tard, but I have never been able to get the search option to work ???, so I just cruise the different &quot;boards&quot;,looking for topics relevant to what I am needing answers to. Where as if I was looking for topics on &quot;lift pumps&quot;, I just head for the classics and click lift pumps. <br>Just a thought!
Old 02-18-2003, 10:05 AM

All tranny threads are classics. <br><br>They should have thier own group.
Old 03-15-2003, 09:39 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts

I agree with Homestead as I have never been able to get the search option to work either. Anything that will help me to quickly locate a specific subject will be very much appreciated. Right now if I want info that I seem to have remembered reading I have to scroll thru dozens of pages to find it again.<br>This may be asking too much, but would it be possible to select a subject, for example &quot;pyrometer&quot; and then have the option of &quot;Text&quot; or &quot;Image&quot; similar to the Goggle search engine? This way we could quickly find any posted pictures on the specific subject.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For best results using the search function,,,,,,,,<br> I just did a search on the word pyrometer and came up with 132 posts containing this word.<br> Don't ask me why,,,,,,, but by putting 444 in the Max Age and 400 in the Display how many results?,,,,,, The search has always worked good for me.<br><br>Example:<br><br>Max Age since last post:<br> 0 hours + 444 days.<br><br>Display how many results?<br>400<br><br>Let me know if ya have problems. ;D<br>
Old 03-15-2003, 10:23 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts

Interesting! I just did the same thing and as usaul came up with a blank page. So what am I doing wrong? BTW, this is the only site that I can't get a search engine to work. If it works for you then I have to conclude that I am doing something wrong. (for the first time ever)

Quick Reply: "classic" threads