Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

? about posts

Old 10-10-2012, 11:08 AM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
? about posts

I have noticed a number of new members post's that seem to be gibberish, off topic or just plain do not make sense. Interestingly, I have also noticed they have very low posting numbers.

Is this an attack on the website, or just coincidence?

Not trying to start trouble but a couple I have seen look like the choppy english from foreign webs.....
Old 10-10-2012, 11:53 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've noticed a few like that....some just don't have very good grammar and I guess I can try and adjust to it even though I tend to be a stickler in that dep't. Maybe they were in a hurry, just guessing. Some, yes, are from other countries posting here....I guess, um.....yep....that makes us World-Wide here DTR.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya Six.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:27 PM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
Thanks, J!

I don't want to single anyone out or pass judgement on any member's here about grammar etc, either. I was just seeing some odd ones here and there and am not the sharpest guy on the webs so wanted to make sure the site was secure and safe.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
if you see something odd feel free to hit that little white with red trim triangle in the white box under the users name, that will report the post to us and we can take a look to be certain it isn't a spammer or something.

Often they will try to post some gibberish and leave hidden links in their post or signature.

One thing I do when I see someone posting in what is obviously NOT their native language is I marvel at what a wonderful job they are doing in posting like that.

I know that if I tried to post something about my truck in a foreign language, it would most likely appear that I have instead proposed marriage to a bird in the local pet shop or something

Kudos to those International members that participate here despite the language differences
Old 10-10-2012, 03:05 PM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the tip Lary....will keep that in mind.