Site News News and updates about the site.

New forums added - GM and Ford

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 12:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re:New forums added - GM and Ford

You may not participate in our forums if you are a child 13 or under. Federal law prohibits you from accessing this website. If you are a child 13 or younger, you are not to participate on this forum in any way.<br><br><br>How did Hoss get in?????
Old 07-16-2003, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[quote author=sdscuba link=board=3;threadid=17118;start=15#160588 date=1058375767]<br>You may not participate in our forums if you are a child 13 or under. Federal law prohibits you from accessing this website. If you are a child 13 or younger, you are not to participate on this forum in any way.<br><br><br>How did Hoss get in????? <br>[/quote]<br><br>He had a written note from his mother. :<br> <br>Rich
Old 07-16-2003, 12:27 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

??? [undecided]<br><br>Attention. About face. Forward march. <br><br>I am sure we will mold into the new woodwork just fine. Interesting to say the least. <br><br>ConfusedBob<br>(hey, I stay that way)
Old 07-16-2003, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's good to try and reach 32,000 members &amp; raise those advertising dollars.

Question: Are we going to have 3 &quot;Trucks of the Month&quot; too? Looking forward to the first Powerstroke or Duramax to get selected - blasphemy @ dodge-diesel.org.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:20 PM

But I'm not sure I buy into it.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:15 PM

I think it's a nice touch to a great site! Change usually sucks at first, but most people get used to it and accept it. I look forward to seeing information on the other diesels out there without having to be a member of 80 different websites. ;D<br><br><br>Tony
Old 07-16-2003, 02:26 PM

I'm going to take a &quot;wait and see&quot; attitude.... i personaly believe that this move will be a major headache ultimately for the Moderaters who will have to be forever vigilant in heading off &quot;flame and brand wars&quot; <br><br>I'M not against change...but ....um.....ok, YES i am!
Old 07-16-2003, 02:30 PM
Administrator

[quote author=goldenears link=board=3;threadid=17118;start=15#160661 date=1058383609]
I'm going to take a &quot;wait and see&quot; attitude.... i personaly believe that this move will be a major headache ultimately for the Moderaters who will have to be forever vigilant in heading off &quot;flame and brand wars&quot;

I'M not against change...but ....um.....ok, YES i am!
[/quote]

Were ready for it.
If everyone keeps the site rules in mind (See site rules posted HERE scroll to the bottom of page one) then we shouldnt have too much trouble.
But just in case, we Moderators just got a new supply of locks.
;D

Rich
Old 07-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a question,,,,,,,,,,,,
When you happen to be sitting in the truck waiting for your wife to come out of the store and a guy pulls up in a different truck brand beside you and parks while his wife goes into the store. ,,,,,,,,,,,,, If this guy decided to strike up a conversation concerning diesel trucks,,,,,,,,, do you immediately start bragging on your brand and bashing his?
I don't think so,,,,,
In fact, in most cases, the only place I've seen this kind of behavior is when someone is behind a computer keyboard or a CB microphone. (Notice I didn't say it can't,,,, doesn't happen,,,, BUT,,,, I think that most folks in every day life have a little more respect for others than that. That is the one reason that I am proud of the membership on this site,,,, They do have the respect of their fellow members. Even when folks are not always in agreement on various topics.) ;D
&quot;I think we will do just fine!&quot;
Old 07-16-2003, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote author=RATTLINRAM link=board=3;threadid=17118;start=15#160744 date=1058392729]
Just a question,,,,,,,,,,,,
When you happen to be sitting in the truck waiting for your wife to come out of the store and a guy pulls up in a different truck brand beside you and parks while his wife goes into the store. ,,,,,,,,,,,,, If this guy decided to strike up a conversation concerning diesel trucks,,,,,,,,, do you immediately start bragging on your brand and bashing his?
I don't think so,,,,, [/quote]

As a matter of fact, that just happened to me a couple of weekends ago.

A very nice Ford owner and I had a pleasant converation about the ups and downs of both brands.
His wife drives a 2000'ish Dodge and she wants to lift it, so he was asking me about my lift, and what I recommended.
Conversation drifted to BOMBing both brands and problems the new Fords have and what ones he has experienced, etc.

Very civil on both our parts and a very interesting exhange of ideas.

phox
Old 07-16-2003, 05:11 PM

Why is it that an Admin here assumes I want to bash another brand? I have no need to; I've even got family and friends who work at Ford, GM and Dodge.<br><br>[quote author=RATTLINRAM link=board=3;threadid=17118;start=15#160744 date=1058392729]<br>Just a question,,,,,,,,,,,,<br> When you happen to be sitting in the truck waiting for your wife to come out of the store and a guy pulls up in a different truck brand beside you and parks while his wife goes into the store. ,,,,,,,,,,,,, If this guy decided to strike up a conversation concerning diesel trucks,,,,,,,,, do you immediately start bragging on your brand and bashing his?<br>I don't think so,,,,,[/quote]<br><br>No, but if I want some Kentucky Fried Chicken, I don't go looking for it at Taco Bell.<br><br>You guys should add an aftermarket section to the two new groups as well. You know how finicky &quot;us 3 gen'rs are&quot;, I'd hate to have to wallow through Ferd and Chebby stuff too.
Old 07-16-2003, 05:20 PM

So, What are yall going to call chat now??<br><br>Diesel Chat?<br><br>Diesel Power ?<br><br>Can't call it Dodge_Diesel anymore if you want the &quot;others&quot; to fell welcome...<br><br>Merrick Cummings Jr
Old 07-16-2003, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote author=bulabula link=board=3;threadid=17118;start=15#160750 date=1058393472]<br>Why is it that an Admin here assumes I want to bash another brand? I have no need to; I've even got family and friends who work at Ford, GM and Dodge.[/quote]<br><br>bulabula,<br> I'm not assuming that you or any other member is going to want to bash anyone. That was my point! I don't think that you or I or any of the other members would do this in normal every day life. I think that our members have more respect for one another than that and that is why we don't need to use that as an excuse to stay totally Dodge-Cummins. <br><br>
No, but if I want some Kentucky Fried Chicken, I don't go looking for it at Taco Bell.
<br><br>This is true, but when you go to a nice restaurant, you can pass right over the Mexican food on the menu and go right to the section with the chicken dinners on it. <br><br>
You guys should add an aftermarket section to the two new groups as well. You know how finicky &quot;us 3 gen'rs are&quot;, I'd hate to have to wallow through Ferd and Chebby stuff too. <br>
<br><br>We have already posted that the webmasters are already looking into doing these very things if possible,,,,,,,,, it just takes some time, so bear with us. (Remember,,,,, these guys have real jobs where they have to work also.) ;D <br><br>Posted by: MCummings Posted on: Today at 06:20:24pm <br>
So, What are yall going to call chat now??<br>Diesel Chat?<br>Diesel Power ?<br>Can't call it Dodge_Diesel anymore if you want the &quot;others&quot; to feel welcome...
<br><br>Good point Merrick,<br> That will be one more item that needs changing by the webmaster guys : <br><br>&lt;Dennis hollaring into the back office,,,,,,&gt;<br>,,,,,,,,,, you hear that you guys,,,,,,,, get back to work and HURRY UP when you get a chance!! ;D
Old 07-16-2003, 06:55 PM
Administrator

[quote author=RATTLINRAM link=board=3;threadid=17118;start=15#160782 date=1058399406]<br>&lt;Dennis hollaring into the back office,,,,,,&gt;<br>,,,,,,,,,, you hear that you guys,,,,,,,, get back to work and HURRY UP when you get a chance!! ;D <br>[/quote]<br><br>Hey Dennis, quite down! <br>Jack, Stake and Gonzo are busy trying to figure out where to put the new pool table and Lary is still trying to figure out where the &quot;Oldies&quot; are located on the new juke box! :<br> <br><br>Rich

Quick Reply: New forums added - GM and Ford