Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Site News (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/site-news-88/)
-   -   The End of an Era but the Beginning of a New Age (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/site-news-88/end-era-but-beginning-new-age-290057/)

Blake Clark 05-25-2011 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by HOHN (Post 2972788)
I'd like to second Hat's thoughts on not being afraid. IB deserves a fair shake and should be considered innocent until proven guilty.

It seems a little backhanded to me to thank Jack and Lary only to turn around and question their judgment selection of whom to assume the mantle of ownership for DTR. I say Jack and Lary deserve respect for their judgement at least as far as withholding judgement on IB until after having experienced the "phase 2 DTR".

BINGO!

Hohn has nailed this one!

So far the IB crew has been nothing but super to work with and I see no reason why anything will change.

HOHN 05-25-2011 06:27 PM

On a more personal note, I'd like to add this:

The information I learned here (along with my own initiative) was instrumental in me landing the job I currently have at Cummins-- a job I truly enjoy and feel so blessed to have.

Without DTR, I don't think that I would have the life I have today, as hyperbolic as that may sound. I'm not wealthy-- just happy, and that means most to me.

Thank you not only to Jack and Lary, but to so many guys who took the time to teach, debate, show pictures, share data, and so forth.

Justin Hohn

jthorpe 05-25-2011 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by HOHN (Post 2972794)
On a more personal note, I'd like to add this:

The information I learned here (along with my own initiative) was instrumental in me landing the job I currently have at Cummins-- a job I truly enjoy and feel so blessed to have.

Without DTR, I don't think that I would have the life I have today, as hyperbolic as that may sound. I'm not wealthy-- just happy, and that means most to me.

Thank you not only to Jack and Lary, but to so many guys who took the time to teach, debate, show pictures, share data, and so forth.

Justin Hohn

Justin, that is the coolest post I've seen in a long time and I'm proud to have been a part of you finding your career niche. Thank you... and I wish you the best of luck in your career with them. That is awesome to hear!!!

hoot 05-25-2011 10:07 PM

Jack and Lary.... congratulations on your release from the never ending babysitting job.

torquefan 05-25-2011 10:11 PM

Jack and Lary, I'm sure sad to see you guys go- you've built up a great place for us to spend our leisure time (and a bit of our work time too[tapdshut]). I remember what a big deal it was when the site hit a membership of 10,000. Now look at it with over 100,000! Thanks for letting us play here, and best wishes for the future. Hope to see you guys on here from time to time.

TF

Spooler 05-25-2011 10:25 PM

Thanks to both of you.... Even though I haven't been on much here lately. I have enjoyed you both. I hope the new folks understand the atmosphere here.

This stinks,,,,,, I hate change!!!!!!! LOL

Lil Dog 05-25-2011 10:34 PM

I think that the point made by Justin hits the nail on the head. A lot of us here take this place pretty seriously as part of our lives, not just entertainment. This site has been part of mine for nearly 9 years. I only had a brief taste of the integral parts of the National Chapter, which proved too much for my time allowed. So I can only imagine the investment you guys put into this site.

Thanks again to Jack and Lary. You can have your life back![laugh]

Scotty 05-26-2011 07:23 AM

Lots of good knowledge and good friends gathered for me over the years on here.
I have had the good fortune to meet several of you in person. I do believe I attended the very first event out east [Claremont] where I met Lary, my long lost older Twin.
Lil Dog and I have known each other for a decade? Maybe more.

Same as for Justin...Hohn. I met up with him over in Cheyenne and listened to him rip a few chords on his guitar.

This site has always been one where I feel at home. Thanks!

[coffee]

Lil Dog 05-26-2011 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 2972965)
[coffee]

I think thats about right. I had my 89 and you just got your 01.5 HO. Officially kicked off the ABC at the Blackfoot with 3 guys. [coffee] Good friends come from here too.

Mexstan 05-26-2011 05:42 PM

I need to add my thanks and appreciation to Jack and Lary for the way they built this site up, baby sat it and channeled it into the awesome site it evolved into. The technical info available here from so many knowledgeable folks is amazing, as is their willingness to share that info and help out wherever possible. In other words, somewhat akin to kinfolk - family.

Yes, as in all well adjusted families, tough love is involved and that tough love has played a big part in the development of this site into the respected family site that it is today. Some peoples toes have got trodden on, but I have to say, in every case I have seen this, they brought it on themselves and consequently deserved what they had coming to them.

As I look back on my years of association here, it is hard to believe that so much time has passed. So Jack and Lary, a huge thank you, hope to see you here often, but enjoy your long overdue break.

Red3quarter 05-26-2011 05:54 PM

Jack or Top, you think since the site is going through some change maybe we could update the Janitor a little. Currently he's running Janitor version -1/2 ... you think we could have the new owners upgrade him to Janitor v2.0 and maybe give him a much needed hair cut?

chaikwa 05-26-2011 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Red3quarter (Post 2973284)
Jack or Top, you think since the site is going through some change maybe we could update the Janitor a little. Currently he's running Janitor version -1/2 ... you think we could have the new owners upgrade him to Janitor v2.0 and maybe give him a much needed hair cut?

Hair is an integral part of any janitor program, no matter the version.

Blake Clark 05-26-2011 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by chaikwa (Post 2973292)
Hair is an integral part of any janitor program, no matter the version.

cincydiesel 05-27-2011 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 2972965)
Lots of good knowledge and good friends gathered for me over the years on here.
I have had the good fortune to meet several of you in person. I do believe I attended the very first event out east [Claremont] where I met Lary, my long lost older Twin.

Same as for Justin...Hohn. I met up with him over in Cheyenne and listened to him rip a few chords on his guitar.

This site has always been one where I feel at home. Thanks!

[coffee]

Agree buddy, I meet Rick (T-Rad) at a Waffle House here in Cincinnati and now I'm no longer allowed to meet anyone from DTR per my wife[laugh]

hoffdog 06-01-2011 08:10 PM

Looks like the ads have showed up. [yuk]