Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Site News (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/site-news-88/)
-   -   The End of an Era but the Beginning of a New Age (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/site-news-88/end-era-but-beginning-new-age-290057/)

ramlovingvet 05-19-2011 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 2969832)
But MOST of us are OLD....

Dude you are a PUP still [dummy]

madhat 05-19-2011 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by ramlovingvet (Post 2970248)

Originally Posted by madhat
But MOST of us are OLD....

Dude you are a PUP still [dummy]

I said MOST!!! [laugh]

Blake Clark 05-19-2011 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 2970292)
I said MOST!!! [laugh]

Hmmmm

Me thinks I be the youngest of the addmonstratruers......

madhat 05-19-2011 04:52 PM

Not by much, punk... your day is coming shortly!!!

chaikwa 05-19-2011 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 2970357)
Not by much, punk... your day is coming shortly!!!

If he keeps going the way he has been, he might be the only LODD in DTR's history! [laugh]

Don M 05-19-2011 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top) (Post 2970187)
Thanks :) I am not going any where though, still going to be here working the Online Store and fighting for Truth, Justice and the American way ;) (digs in the foot locker for my cape)

Is that a Jelly Donut in that foot locker Ellis?

I am always the last to find out stuff.................LOL

chaikwa 05-19-2011 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Don M (Post 2970398)
Is that a Jelly Donut in that foot locker Ellis?

I am always the last to find out stuff.................LOL

Last to find out? You didn't know he stashed old donuts in his locker? Don't fret, I can get you all you want, just let me know!

madhat 05-19-2011 07:05 PM

Good to see you, Don... I was just looking at the old F1 site yesterday.... thinking about spending some money...

cincydiesel 05-19-2011 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by chaikwa (Post 2970408)
Last to find out? You didn't know he stashed old donuts in his locker? Don't fret, I can get you all you want, just let me know!

What are you doing sneaking in Top's foot locker? While your in there can you get me Madhat's credit card and the keys to the DTR store. Daddy needs some new go fast parts[guitar][guitar]

12valve@heart 05-19-2011 09:04 PM

Wow, a good mix of breakroom camaraderie, insults, and news. Everything that you've come to expect in a DTR post.

Thanks Lary and Jack for your many years of hard work to make DTR what it has become.

Like many, I have reservations whenever I see a privately owned business bought out by a corporation but we'll wait and give them a chance to prove themselves.

1-5-3-6-2-4 05-22-2011 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 2970002)
You know, a lot of people have commented about the fear of change... to date, they have not handed me my pink slip... as long as I am around, as well as my fellow like minded admins, the attitude of the forum is not going to change. As far as I know, the guy that pays the light bill just changed.

Stop being so scared!!!

AMEN brother. [guitar]

jthorpe 05-25-2011 04:27 PM

Well the transition has been made from my hardware to the Internet Brands hardware. While I am happy that this has happened and I'm happy that the site will continue to grow like crazy, I am also saddened because for me it really is the end of an era.

For a decade, I have slaved over this thing and now I have nothing to do. It's what I wanted but it'll take getting used to. I no longer have control of the site and I'm no longer the decision maker. That job now belongs to IB and I think they will do a great job at it.

I wanted to say thank you for all the kind comments. There is no way I can respond to them all personally but this site really has been a labor of love. Sometimes folks needed tough love, but we always tried to be fair to everyone. I know that IB and folks will do the same, and that is why we chose them to buy our site over their competition.

My username will soon change from administrator to jthorpe so please keep that in mind. For any technical issues, please post in the suggestions forum or send one of the admins a pm.

Wow, I feel honored to have started this site. I can't believe how far we have come. I will be around but not nearly as much as it's time for me to really focus on my family and career.

Blake Clark 05-25-2011 04:57 PM

If anyone deserves a well earned break, its you boss!

Well Top too, but anyway!

Enjoy your time with the family, you sure earned it.

bigredBCS 05-25-2011 06:09 PM

If y'all got half of my friend sold powestrokenation for last week, I don't blame y'all one bit!!!

Which IB rep do I contact about my Tom plaque. Lol

HOHN 05-25-2011 06:18 PM

I'd like to second Hat's thoughts on not being afraid. IB deserves a fair shake and should be considered innocent until proven guilty.

It seems a little backhanded to me to thank Jack and Lary only to turn around and question their judgment in the selection of whom to assume the mantle of ownership for DTR. I say Jack and Lary deserve respect for their judgement at least as far as withholding judgement on IB until after having experienced the "phase 2 DTR".