Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Site News (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/site-news-88/)
-   -   The End of an Era but the Beginning of a New Age (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/site-news-88/end-era-but-beginning-new-age-290057/)

Blake Clark 05-18-2011 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by cincydiesel (Post 2969877)
So will it fly? [laugh][laugh] Never mind, that one about caused me to go ballistic[redface]

It most definitely will NOT fly!

Robb is sure gonna have a ton of fun, or an aneurysm, catching up around here.... [laugh]

Robb M. 05-18-2011 07:57 PM

I've been having a ton of fun catching up here for the last few months. I know for a fact I've read at least a hundred posts that made me [laugh] and probably another hundred that made me do this: [duhhh]
[coffee]

cheers,
robb

chaikwa 05-18-2011 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Blake Clark (Post 2969882)
Robb is sure gonna have a ton of fun, or an aneurysm, catching up around here.... [laugh]

Either way, it'll be fun to watch! [laugh]

Originally Posted by Robb M. (Post 2969887)
I've been having a ton of fun catching up here for the last few months. I know for a fact I've read at least a hundred posts that made me [laugh] and probably another hundred that made me do this: [duhhh]
[coffee]

cheers,
robb

And we haven't even BEGUN to break you in yet!

cincydiesel 05-18-2011 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Robb M. (Post 2969800)
In terms of the servers and site speed, we intend to have DTR up and running on our own servers by the end of next week. I am quite certain that you will all notice this as soon as it happens

cheers,
robb

Robb,

First off, welcome to the site!! In regards to site changeover, how much change can we expect? Is this more of an appearance or complete format change with differences in posting and uploading content?

Originally Posted by Robb M. (Post 2969887)
[coffee]

cheers,
robb

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the breakrooms. [coffee]

Eric

Colo_River_Ram 05-18-2011 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by cincydiesel (Post 2969894)
Robb,

First off, welcome to the site!! In regards to site changeover, how much change can we expect? Is this more of an appearance or complete format change with differences in posting and uploading content?

Eric

Uh-Toh I see a "Change We Can Believe In" coming..

Houston we have a problem :cool::cool:

Fiftygrit 05-18-2011 08:16 PM

Thanks guys, always one site I head to every morning with a coffee, enjoy your free time.

Robb M. 05-18-2011 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by cincydiesel (Post 2969894)
Robb,

Eric

Hey Eric,

thanks for the welcome :)

In terms of the change-over, as I understand it, some people have difficulty searching through their PMs, and moderators have trouble searching via IP address. These are the types of things I hope that we're able to address in the short term.

We certainly don't have any plans to change the color theme, or way that you post on the site!

cheers,
robb

Mexstan 05-18-2011 10:51 PM

I am a tad late in reading this news. (no snarky comments now, y'hear) Not sure yet whether to be glad or sad, so will reserve judgement.

Jack and Lary, I truly do thank you for this site as it has been a source of help for me many times. I am also glad to have been able to in turn help a few over the years. Have checked a few other sites over the years and every one of them have turned me off due to the bad language, the personal insults, general snobbiness and sundry other nastiness. This site on the other hand has remained clean, helpful and friendly. Not going to mention a few of the nut cases that reside here. On the other hand, they do sometimes make for interesting nonsensical entertainment.

Robb, thanks for the intro and the explanations. Hope you can maintain or even improve the high standard on this site and not allow it to sink down to the low level of other sites. Your first job, hire a janitor who knows how to daily make decent coffee and Ph00 and lock out those who mess with them.[coffee]
Just noticed that you live in Barrie. I lived there years ago.

Lary and Jack, thanks again. I salute you.

Hvytrkmech 05-18-2011 11:03 PM

Hmmm, not going to rush to judgement, however I will state that I truly believe owner occupied business's provide the best cutomer service experience humanly possible.

With that being said, I would like to thank Lary for his dedication to my Country, his service to my Country and more over his service and dedication to Diesel Truck Resource, something I feel was a passion for him. I truly wish you a long, happy, healthy retirement. You earned it brother! [coffee]

Jack, as stated above in relation to this event. I believe I understand why you guys sold DTR, I also have empathy for the demands made on you daily as a N.C. Trooper. You wear 2 badges of honor in my book, First and foremost as a dedicated hard charging Trooper. Secondly as one of the founders of this greatly recognized and more importantly personalized web site.

Lary, enjoy you grand kids, and retirement. God Bless

Jack, as always, continued prayers for safe tours of duty. God Bless

madhat 05-18-2011 11:10 PM

You know, a lot of people have commented about the fear of change... to date, they have not handed me my pink slip... as long as I am around, as well as my fellow like minded admins, the attitude of the forum is not going to change. As far as I know, the guy that pays the light bill just changed.

Stop being so scared!!!

Mexstan 05-18-2011 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 2970002)
You know, a lot of people have commented about the fear of change... to date, they have not handed me my pink slip... as long as I am around, as well as my fellow like minded admins, the attitude of the forum is not going to change. As far as I know, the guy that pays the light bill just changed.

Stop being so scared!!!

Mark, good way to put it. Thanks.

Colo_River_Ram 05-18-2011 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 2970002)

Stop being so scared!!!

My comment was intended to be funny [redface][redface] Perhaps I need to add some 2 stroke oil to my DRY sense of humor [laugh][laugh]

madhat 05-18-2011 11:21 PM

I'm good, folks. No sweat :D

Hvytrkmech 05-18-2011 11:25 PM

I was serious and your a punk! Punk!! [laugh]

madhat 05-18-2011 11:27 PM

You're a punk, punk! You want a new user title? The Banhammer?!?