Site News News and updates about the site.

DTR going to Dodge only for now

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 01:39 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:DTR going to Dodge only for now

Glad to see it back as I found it, dodge baby, dodge.
Or is it cummins baby, cummins?
I love the site no matter what, but I do like it this way better. 8)
Old 10-02-2003, 02:59 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote author=BigBully link=board=3;threadid=20000;start=15#msg191743 date=1065075995]
So My Point is If you guys dont Want My Cummins Powered Ford truck and me here Let me know and I will stay away. No Bad feelings Either way.
[/quote]

BB,
The biggest reason we did away with the other brands was lack of interest. You are more than Welcome here. ,,,,,,,,, Oh,,, that's not to say ya won't read a dig or two about the Chevys & Fords,,,, : ,,,,,, but I think most of us agree that it's all in fun. I've got a nice 86 F-150 SB with a bad rod knock and no oil pressure sitting at the house that would be really cool with a Cummins under the hood. ;D The wife wants me to fix that because she said she liked driving that better than her 98 Camaro.
Point is,,,,,, "If everybody liked the exact same thing,,,,,, it would be a really dull world". I love my Cummins Ram and I'll never go back to driving a gasser,,,,,, but anything with wheels and a motor has always had my interest and probably always will. ;D
Old 10-02-2003, 05:40 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to see pics of that Cummins powered Ford. That, IMO would be the best combo of truck and engine. ZF tranny please. ;D
Old 10-02-2003, 11:12 AM

[quote author=spots link=board=3;threadid=20000;start=30#msg191764 date=1065091239]
I'd like to see pics of that Cummins powered Ford. That, IMO would be the best combo of truck and engine. ZF tranny please. ;D
[/quote]

I uploaded a few pics and they are under "my Cummins Powered Ford" I dont know how to link to it right this second but they are there. Im going to take some detailed shots of the motor and trans but havent had the time. I will do it soon though.
It is a blast for sure. I Love turning heads when the black smoke rolls and I have lots and lots of guys wanting to look under the hood. TDR had a meeting at Rocky Mountain Cummins this summer and you should have seen the guys gather around it when I opened the hood. The head Tech for RMC said "I'm Totaly Impressed" I got a kick out of that.
Anyway Thanks for the "welcome" to the site.
BB.........
Old 10-02-2003, 12:01 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

BB, you hang around long enuff, you'll see many guys here would follow the Cummins regardless of the wrapper. Nobody will ask you to leave here because of what you drive. Goin to check out the pictures now.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:48 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=BigBully link=board=3;threadid=20000;start=15#msg191743 date=1065075995]
I dont really care if there is a Ford/Chevy Specific Spot on the forums but this is a DieselTruckResource site. Thats the name, Not DodgeDieselTruckResource. When I first Joined it had the Ford Spot, I have a Power Stroke Truck and A Cummins Powered Ford Truck and Feel Kinda Out of Place at the "Other" Site with The Cummins Truck. So My Point is If you guys dont Want My Cummins Powered Ford truck and me here Let me know and I will stay away. No Bad feelings Either way.

Thank you,
BB
[/quote]

BB, part of the reason this is such a Dodge oriented site is because it started out as a Dodge site. Back in the old days it was Dodge-Diesel.org. The site was later changed to DieselTruckResource....for reasons that I don't really recall...but that doesn't really matter. In an effort to expand our horizons a bit, the powers that be decided to include Chevy and Ford as well. Some people liked the idea and others hated it. Like others have said though, apparently there just wasn't much interest and they weren't drawing much of a crowd. That's the reason they were removed.

You're always welcome on this site....no matter what you drive. And, owning a Cummins powered Ford is a plus in my book. If Ford would put a Cummins engine in their pickups I wouldn't be driving a Dodge right now.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:55 PM
Banned

[quote author=Hoss link=board=3;threadid=20000;start=30#msg191907 date=1065116938]
I dont really care if there is a Ford/Chevy Specific Spot on the forums but this is a DieselTruckResource site. Thats the name, Not DodgeDieselTruckResource. When I first Joined it had the Ford Spot, I have a Power Stroke Truck and A Cummins Powered Ford Truck and Feel Kinda Out of Place at the "Other" Site with The Cummins Truck. So My Point is If you guys dont Want My Cummins Powered Ford truck and me here Let me know and I will stay away. No Bad feelings Either way.

Thank you,
BB
[/quote]

BB, part of the reason this is such a Dodge oriented site is because it started out as a Dodge site. Back in the old days it was Dodge-Diesel.org. The site was later changed to DieselTruckResource....for reasons that I don't really recall...but that doesn't really matter. In an effort to expand our horizons a bit, the powers that be decided to include Chevy and Ford as well. Some people liked the idea and others hated it. Like others have said though, apparently there just wasn't much interest and they weren't drawing much of a crowd. That's the reason they were removed.

You're always welcome on this site....no matter what you drive. And, owning a Cummins powered Ford is a plus in my book. If Ford would put a Cummins engine in their pickups I wouldn't be driving a Dodge right now.
[/quote]

Oh oh Hoss and I agree on something............
Old 10-02-2003, 01:23 PM

I'm just glad to see the "BEST DIESEL FORUM" going back to the "Best Diesel Truck" Only ;D
And if that sounds like sucking up, so be it. ;D

ramguy
Old 10-04-2003, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

ramguy:

I agree with you 100%!!!!!

Thanks for the great website Jack!!

--------
John_P