1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

What did you do to your Gen 1 today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 08:36 AM

Received 600 Likes on 437 Posts
Originally Posted by edwinsmith
We were in a RVing club and one of the other members had the tailgate extra because he had replaced it with one of those barred things for air pass-through.

I think I gave him $100. for it. Yes the wire is running through the hinge on the left side. It's the OEM wiring that came with the truck.

I'm scrambling to get it ready for a trip to KS to scatter my brother's ashes and get my tranny replaced. Got to do the fenders next. I think I'll paint them flat black to go with the front and rear bumpers.

I hear ya on the bullet. A week and a half ago we had a 15 year old boy shot in the head barely a block away. He lived 2 door down from me. My wife is looking for another house in a better neighborhood. When we bought this house 6 years ago this WAS a good neighborhood. Not anymore.

Edwin
Good neighborhood gone bad. same thing here. the county has made this place a mecca for violent "transients". The truth is it has become a dumping ground for other cities unwanted criminals. they rer caught there and released here.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:04 AM

Received 535 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by mknittle
Good neighborhood gone bad. same thing here. the county has made this place a mecca for violent "transients". The truth is it has become a dumping ground for other cities unwanted criminals. they rer caught there and released here.
Piggybacking on your comment, Mark. My wife works downtown, and the caliber of the homeless there is worse than here in our small town. Where she parks in one of those parking garages, there an oriental transient named "Jenny" who has threatened my wife with a pair of scissors and a spatula, waving it around the air, and calling my wife the **** word. Seems Jenny is protecting her life's possessions, which consists of a cart loaded with filled garbage bags, along with a Mountain Mikes pizza box that she uses as a toilet for #2.
The local courthouse where she works, because it has an overhang on a certain side of the building, is the local hotel when nighttime comes. In the morning, a crew of maintenance workers of the building have to power spray that area, and police all the pizza box toilets that were left behind.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by bigragu
Piggybacking on your comment, Mark. My wife works downtown, and the caliber of the homeless there is worse than here in our small town. Where she parks in one of those parking garages, there an oriental transient named "Jenny" who has threatened my wife with a pair of scissors and a spatula, waving it around the air, and calling my wife the **** word. Seems Jenny is protecting her life's possessions, which consists of a cart loaded with filled garbage bags, along with a Mountain Mikes pizza box that she uses as a toilet for #2.
The local courthouse where she works, because it has an overhang on a certain side of the building, is the local hotel when nighttime comes. In the morning, a crew of maintenance workers of the building have to power spray that area, and police all the pizza box toilets that were left behind.
We have them like that here some worse. Last week a transient tried to rob a fire captain in the firehouse with a knife That was on Atwood rd.
then there is the "newest" one I call the Mad Wacker. one tried to get through a woman's cat door a while back. The news just ignores them.
I forgot about the Female transient that craps in store isles.
Yes they are here.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by mknittle
We have them like that here some worse. Last week a transient tried to rob a fire captain in the firehouse with a knife That was on Atwood rd.
then there is the "newest" one I call the Mad Wacker. one tried to get through a woman's cat door a while back. The news just ignores them.
I forgot about the Female transient that craps in store isles.
Yes they are here.
I thought you were referring to a lonely transient, when you called out the name Mad Wacker
The following users liked this post:
mknittle (04-06-2017)
Old 04-06-2017, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by bigragu
I thought you were referring to a lonely transient, when you called out the name Mad Wacker
Idunno but he does that in public.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:39 PM

Received 147 Likes on 111 Posts
Just finished the 60# valve springs I got from thd. First time for me. Fixing to drive it to work. Hope I got it right. I did t drop a valve and I'm pretty sure I got them adjuSted right. I bought the spring compressor from torkworks. I worked really well

mknittle (04-06-2017)
Old 04-06-2017, 05:36 PM

since it was raining I had a little time to work on my headlight relay wiring.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Gen 1 today?-dscn0340.jpg  
Old 04-06-2017, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dan s
Just finished the 60# valve springs I got from thd. First time for me. Fixing to drive it to work. Hope I got it right. I did t drop a valve and I'm pretty sure I got them adjuSted right. I bought the spring compressor from torkworks. I worked really well

Hey, Dan, let us all know any differences you feel from those 60 lb. springs. Also your boost, pyro readings, before and after.
Thanks!
Old 04-06-2017, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dan s

Hey, Dan, let us all know any differences you feel from those 60 lb. springs. Also your boost, pyro readings, before and after. Also curious what made you decide to go with the 60's instead of the stock ones.
Thanks!
Old 04-06-2017, 08:22 PM

Received 147 Likes on 111 Posts
I adjusted the the valves on the tight side. Took a lot of rattle out. I haven't got on it yet cause I didn't have a torque wrench. Gonna go back n it tomar after I get a loner from the parts store. I just put the extended handle multiplier on it. Lol. I can tell it's gonna be different at wot. I'll post back tomar on what it does. I'll be installing the 3800 gov spring also. I'm sure it's gonna be a good upgrade. Also. How tight can I torque the factory head bolts. I've head people talk about going over 100# but I don't know
Old 04-07-2017, 12:47 AM

Received 1,333 Likes on 863 Posts
Pulled around my trailer with all the summer, and junk tires and rims I needed swapped around.....wifes car, Patches and the parts truck. 12 tires, and 10 rims....love having a trailer! Also picked up a treadmill the wife purchased....that was one heavy SOB!

Once tires were swapped around pulled the winter tires off the crew and installed the old set of Toyo's I picked up last fall when my BFG's started dying.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:18 AM

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,113 Posts
Originally Posted by thrashingcows;3324652....
! Also picked up a treadmill and the wife .........that was one heavy SOB!

Well, I hope your wife doesn't read this. She might think you said she was fat.....

Old 04-07-2017, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by NJTman
Well, I hope your wife doesn't read this. She might think you said she was fat.....

.........no I didn't did I......
NJTman (04-07-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 01:37 PM

Received 138 Likes on 86 Posts
going on some coments from yesterday, I am so lucky to live way out in the country and 34 out of 52 of the people that live in a mile radious from my house are my kin folk, and the rest that are not kin I don't hear a peep out of, It is nice to live in the country, it is 5 miles to the closest gas/fuel, dollar store, 5 miles to the school, 4 miles to the highway st rt 13, 12 miles to the closest town of 19,000.

I am in a bubble of minor drug traffic and low violence, in the heart of the Bible belt.

I really do live a sheltered life and when we travel we notice it.
The following 3 users liked this post by 1STGENFARMBOY:
mknittle (04-07-2017), NJTman (04-07-2017), thrashingcows (04-07-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by 1STGENFARMBOY
It is nice to live in the country, it is 5 miles to the closest gas/fuel, dollar store, 5 miles to the school, 4 miles to the highway st rt 13, 12 miles to the closest town of 19,000.

I really do live a sheltered life and when we travel we notice it.
At our new place we are about the same....15 min drive just to get into any population, and another 5 min drive to get into town and any amenities. I truly can not complain, and wonder how I put up with suburban life for so long.
The following 3 users liked this post by thrashingcows:
1STGENFARMBOY (04-07-2017), bigragu (04-07-2017), mknittle (04-07-2017)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Gen 1 today?