Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

XZT+ Web Updates Page is Live

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 04:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GFB

So, use the cruise and timing mode. You'll get better mpg anyway.
Maybe I should have been more specific. Normally I do drive on the timing only tune, but I'm towing about 8000 lbs. on this road trip and need the agressive tune.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:31 PM

Quad, is there any way you can work a little more on trying to get the surging less persistant on the agressive tune? I know I would and I'm sure most others would be willing to sacrifice a little loss in power from the decreased timing if that's what it took. I got the agressive tune for small injector trucks downloaded and it drives great except the surge. Does the agressive tune have significantly more timing advance than the timing only setting?

Is there any possibility in the future for an optional higher end switch that could be purchased, I would love to buy one. Thanks for the great product and keep up the good work.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:15 PM
GFB

Originally Posted by 02growler
Is there any possibility in the future for an optional higher end switch that could be purchased, I would love to buy one.
What he said^^^^^^^
Old 08-20-2007, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by 02growler
Quad, is there any way you can work a little more on trying to get the surging less persistant on the agressive tune? I know I would and I'm sure most others would be willing to sacrifice a little loss in power from the decreased timing if that's what it took. I got the agressive tune for small injector trucks downloaded and it drives great except the surge. Does the agressive tune have significantly more timing advance than the timing only setting?

Is there any possibility in the future for an optional higher end switch that could be purchased, I would love to buy one. Thanks for the great product and keep up the good work.
Yes, we are working on some stuff as we speak. We should have some reduced timing tunes out in the next day or two. The data we used for the tunes we have now were from beta testing. AS you all know in the real world we find new things.

So, today and tomorrow there will be new tunes out, I will post up as we put them on the web. I can definitely without a doubt stop any surging, we just don't want to kill the bottom end too much.

The way we have it setup right this second it would be harder to have a fancy switch or one of our our digital switches. We used the toggle as it was purposeful and it helped keep the costs down for everyone which was the idea. I will see what I can come up with on switches!

Quad
Old 08-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qzilla
Yes, we are working on some stuff as we speak. We should have some reduced timing tunes out in the next day or two. The data we used for the tunes we have now were from beta testing. AS you all know in the real world we find new things.

So, today and tomorrow there will be new tunes out, I will post up as we put them on the web. I can definitely without a doubt stop any surging, we just don't want to kill the bottom end too much.

The way we have it setup right this second it would be harder to have a fancy switch or one of our our digital switches. We used the toggle as it was purposeful and it helped keep the costs down for everyone which was the idea. I will see what I can come up with on switches!

Quad
A no timing tune would be awesome. I still have the beta box quad....pm sent.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:34 AM

Any news on the additional updates Quad?
Old 08-25-2007, 05:35 PM

Is it possible to stack the XZT+ with a TST? Looks like both plug into the MAP so I am not sure how that would work.
Also, it looks like there are only 4 downloads for it right now. How many do you plan to create?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:24 PM

Just FYI we have a tuning file for the Hot rod pumps up on the site now.

Also, this works very well with injectors or without injectors if you have any surge at very low lugging speeds between 1300 and 1800 rpms. It will cure the surge all together and is still very strong.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:31 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qzilla
Just FYI we have a tuning file for the Hot rod pumps up on the site now.

Also, this works very well with injectors or without injectors if you have any surge at very low lugging speeds between 1300 and 1800 rpms. It will cure the surge all together and is still very strong.
Quad, Thanks for the update.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:59 PM

good to see that quad is working on the 24V trucks as well, I second that seems like Smarty has not done much from another thread I checked out ...

The xzt+ has a toggle for stock, timing (for mpg), and timing + fuel (for power/towing)...now the last one has the surges correct? So if you get other tunes how would that work, which position of the switch would you have for the upleaded tune...and how many tunes could you upload to the xzt+ for example if the switch has 3 possible positions than only 3 tunes could be on there at any one time, right?

lastly, I'm looking for mileage plus some quicker acceleration for stop and go around town stoplight situations, what would be the right tune for me? on the highway I think maybe going to timing alone would give the mpg's I wanted but for around town what do you think? Or is there a tune I can download that would give me what I want, hassle free without the surging or any such quirks?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:09 PM

Basically the way it works is that when you upload a file you upload a whole new tuning file.

Off is still off and timing only is still timing only. The main thing that changes is the fuel and timing level. At least on these updates. We want to get these updates out and basically make everyone happy and then we are going to start putting out different tunes.

No timing, less timing, different timing, different levels of aggressiveness based on throttle. Tuning files that do not have an off setting, like timing only, fuel and timing, fuel only. Stuff like that.

We have a long way to go to finish the updates but, we had to start somewhere.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:12 PM
GFB

I just uploaded the HRVP44 tune and took it for a test drive. Wow, I think you fixed the surging problems! I can finally drive normally on timing/fuel and even with the banks box on all at once. Pedal feel isn't terribly touchy like I was getting with the stock aggressive tune, yet the 35's still smoke through first and second gears at will. Thanks quad!
Old 08-28-2007, 08:40 PM

Does the HRVP 44 download cure the terrible idle lope???
Old 08-28-2007, 08:49 PM
GFB

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Never had the problem except sometimes when I turned on the a/c it would lope for 10 seconds or so, then come out of it. No big deal to me.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
That, I am not sure about yet. The lope is a little mysterious to everyone I think. Some have it, some don't and it is bad on some and not on others.

The guys that I have tested this flash with do not have the lope any longer.

Now, I have not tested enough HRVP44 pumped trucks to say that this is a fix. I do think in due time I will be able to fix it though. I could be wrong but, I think I am on the right track.

I just uploaded the HRVP44 tune and took it for a test drive. Wow, I think you fixed the surging problems! I can finally drive normally on timing/fuel and even with the banks box on all at once. Pedal feel isn't terribly touchy like I was getting with the stock aggressive tune, yet the 35's still smoke through first and second gears at will. Thanks quad!
I think a lot of people will really like this tune! There are a lot of differences in injectors and pumps even though a lot of them are rated the same. I took a little extra time to get this one out but, I think it is a winner for a lot of people!

Quick Reply: XZT+ Web Updates Page is Live