Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

XZT+ Web Updates Page is Live

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My xzt+ will be here today and I need a mac update! I'm really looking forward to trying different tunes, hopefully it will be possible.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by 02growler
My xzt+ will be here today and I need a mac update! I'm really looking forward to trying different tunes, hopefully it will be possible.

keep us posted on the difference between your VA and the new xzt+... would like to buy one myself and would like to know if i would have any advantages over my EZ.. thanks Cameron
Old 08-15-2007, 02:23 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr
WOW...I'm more confused than ever...I was gonna buy the 120 HP box (Zillarator?) because it's a fueling box to stack with my Van Aaken Smartbox R (timing) but I had no clue you could change the tune...does this work with only the digital switch or do I need to spend more on the Commander??? This may price me right out of this box too...sigh...
I've been running the XZT+ for awhile now. No, you don't need a Commander to use it. I am running a Recon now, but I'm gonna replace it for some Isspro gauges. The updates are performed via a USB plug on the side of the XZT+. Works pretty flawlessly.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:28 PM

JPR Ram how would you compare the zxt+ to an ez or do you have anything like that to compare it to... would like to stack my ez with a fueling box but if the new quad box is better i need something to base my decision on thanks
Old 08-15-2007, 02:35 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Originally Posted by Cameronc
JPR Ram how would you compare the zxt+ to an ez or do you have anything like that to compare it to... would like to stack my ez with a fueling box but if the new quad box is better i need something to base my decision on thanks
I've never run the EZ. But I do know that you can't stack the EZ and the XZT+. The XZT+ does both timing and fuel. It has a three posistion switch. Off, timing only, and timing plus fueling. I've been told that the timing only level is like the EZ.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by JPR Ram
I've been running the XZT+ for awhile now. No, you don't need a Commander to use it. I am running a Recon now, but I'm gonna replace it for some Isspro gauges. The updates are performed via a USB plug on the side of the XZT+. Works pretty flawlessly.
Thanks for the quick reply!!!...the confusion never ends though you ask a question and get an answer that opens up more questions...I was told that My VA box would be a good stack (by qzilla) but my VA box ia a timing box...sigh, I need an Advil...

Originally Posted by qzilla
Yes it is a fueling box. It stacks perfect with the "R" box.

Even in the Off position it improves the "R" box because we do boost fooling and the "R" does not so you will be able to make more boost with the "R" and not set a CEL.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:39 PM

quad standard and xzt = fueling boxes

quad xzt+ = timing box
Old 08-15-2007, 05:09 PM

XZT+ does both timing and fueling. One can not stack two timing boxes. I believe you can stack the XZT+ and another fuel only box. Someone else on this site stacked his Banks Ottomind (which is a fuel only box, via wire tap) with the new XZT+. Says it runs GOOD. I think his name is 9seccamaro
Old 08-15-2007, 05:10 PM

quad xzt+ = timing box
Thanks again!!! The site I was gonna buy from didn't say anything about XZT+ so I guess I'm safe...
Old 08-15-2007, 05:12 PM

quad xzt+ = timing box
XZT+ does both timing and fuel
Old 08-15-2007, 05:15 PM

This is my first box of any kind, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I love the XZT+.
So far I've netted a 1.6 MPG gain on the timing only setting. It was a short term test as the dealer held my truck for two weeks and still did nothing to it (long story). I don't bother checking milage when I tow. I'm so happy with the power increase, I don't care what the milage is.
So far I've only towed with the original level 3 setting which is supposed to be for slightly larger than stock injectors, etc. I was getting some light bucking at certain speeds and RPM's (nothing I couldn't live with), but my truck is bone stock. I downloaded the stock max fuel program and will be towing again on Sunday. I can't wait .
Old 08-15-2007, 05:58 PM
GFB

Originally Posted by JPR Ram
XZT+ does both timing and fuel
But without the wire tap (of course you know this) and yeah, it really stacks will with the ottomind. I finally think I'm done sinking money into my truck (for a while at least). This stack has the low end I was looking for. I wish I would have bought this box before I got the jammer 5's. It gets a little toasty if I don't watch it. Time to start looking for a used HTT.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by GFB
But without the wire tap.
Correct. For that reason, a fuel only box which taps the pump wire is stackable with the XZT+. Now I haven't done it, but check with 9secCamaro.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:16 PM

I disconnected an EZ when I installed the XZT+ and in my opinion there is no comparison. The XZT+ feels MUCH stronger than the EZ on my pickup. I have experimented with a few of the tuning files and the upgrade process is simple.

I am unable to take full advantage of the power while towing right now due to EGT’s but I believe the HTBG turbo is the problem, not the XZT+.

Len
Old 08-15-2007, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by lkuykendall
I disconnected an EZ when I installed the XZT+ and in my opinion there is no comparison. The XZT+ feels MUCH stronger than the EZ on my pickup. I have experimented with a few of the tuning files and the upgrade process is simple.

Len

now THAT'S the answer i'm looking for.... anyone what to buy an EZ

Quick Reply: XZT+ Web Updates Page is Live