Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Wrong KDP kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrong KDP kit?

Well while I have my motor out I was gonna ge ahead and tab my kdp so I went ahead and got the kit with the egg shaped washer (not sure if thats how they all are). As I went to install it I come up on a pretty big problem :'(. In my instructions it shows the casing to have the same contour as the egg shaped washer... however... my casing has a raised portion surrounding the KDP itself. So I came to the conclusion that if I did install the washer I would not be able to get it good and tight and I would have at least a 1/4 inch gap untill the bolt itself even touched the housing :'(. Any how I did some "cheap" KDP tabbin while I had it off and I guess I will send the kit back ???. That is unless any of yall have come across the same problem ???.Please let me know what yall think because my motor should be goin back in tommorow 8).
Thanks
Scott
Old 10-21-2003, 07:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Wrong KDP kit?

Sounds like you might have the new casing. They added a shoulder on the hole so the KDP can't work it's way out. If you can't push the KDP completely through the hole in the casing then you don't need the tab.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:48 AM
JKE

dsljunkie - glad to here all is coming along with the motor rebuild. I am interested to here how your set up runs out with the new valves and such.

Keep us posted! ;D

TIA

John
Old 10-21-2003, 12:46 PM

Sounds like you might have the new casing. They added a shoulder on the hole so the KDP can't work it's way out. If you can't push the KDP completely through the hole in the casing then you don't need the tab.
Guess I didnt know there was a new casing :. Did the new casing come stock on the 97s?

dsljunkie - glad to here all is coming along with the motor rebuild. I am interested to here how your set up runs out with the new valves and such.
Thanks JKE! Im sure Ill have a pretty long thread started at the end of this rebiuld letting everyone know exactly how to make sure EVERYTHING goes wrong if they are to ever rebuild a CTD .
Thanks guys... now if I can get Rod to take this KDP kit back...
Scott