Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Relocation kit wrong length???

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relocation kit wrong length???

I have a 99 Q-cab long bed---and I ordered a Vulcan big line relocation kit from Genos and I only have about 7 feet with it---and part of that 7 feet is also for a section to go from the filter to the pump--so that makes about 5 1/2 feet to use...this doesnt seem long enough. I thought it was supposed to be relocated back near the tank which is alot longer than 5.5 feet---did I get the wrong kit or is it supposed to be located somewhere under the cab---thanks----oh and the pump electrical connection is also pretty short.

stix
Old 08-05-2007, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did the same relocation about 4 months ago. There should be a long electrical connector to get from the old pump on the engine to the one on the frame rail. It sounds like the sent you the wrong piece here. The hose they sent me was long enough to make the short piece between the fuel filter an the ip. Then the rest goes back to where the new lift pump is located. If I were you I would do the short piece first and then see what you have left. The problem I had was the piece from the metal fuel line to the pump was too short and I had to get a longer piece from Kragen. Hope this helps.