Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Well I did it..

Old 11-25-2014, 02:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I did it..

I recently bought new 75hp injectors from diesel auto power..
at 260k miles a rebuilt tranny(a whole other story)..

over the past couple of days..I remove all the stuff to get the connector tubes. removed the tube..if you don't have the little screw in tool..I recommend getting one..it makes it easier..got all the old injectors out..one by one..
installed the new as I went..

then the hard part..bleeding the system..I thought something was really wrong. I cracked several line got fuel from some but not others..then I open the #1 line at the pump..got fuel..then open the top end..got fuel this time..
finally it sort of ran on it own..like on 2 cylinders..then died..again..again.again...I was gettting worried now..then it hickup..and ran..

now will injectors be enough..I don't have a programmer yet..I'm mainly look for more power off the line towing..some MPG gain would be nice..
I'm leaning towards a smarty

-dkenny
Old 11-25-2014, 08:54 PM

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts
If you dont have any kind of boost fooler then you'll set and overboost code.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:07 AM

later today I'll check for codes again.
if I have an over boost code..ok..that's not bad..since I don't have a boost fooler yet.

-dkenny
Old 11-26-2014, 09:59 AM

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts
The overboost code may throw the ECM into limp mode too.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:23 PM

it doesn't seem to be in limp mode..

I was looking at one of the old injectors..looks atleast one hole is plugged..

it'll be interesting next week when I hook my trailer back up..I hope I can keep my right foot off the pedal to keep the mpg up.

-dkenny
Old 11-26-2014, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you have alot or any diesel performance shops around you that sell smarty. talk to them about a demo smarty download. I did this years ago and have since on others trucks for them. that is actually a good selling tool for shops. I went to the shop they downloaded the smarty to let me test it. I went for a drive and was sold. or if you have a friend with a smarty test it out.
just watch out for the smarty and its low end power and Torque Mang. if you rebuilt you tranny for more power? or rebuild back to same as stock?

IMO smarty can be really killer on any tranny of all years of trucks. yes there are lower and less aggressive settings and SW on the smarty.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt those injectors are going to send you in limp mode. I had 75 and 100 hp injector on my truck within the first month of getting truck. all i had on the truck at that time was a fass and fuel pressure, egt and boost gauge.

have you drove it enough and attempted to create or see if you are making more boost even easier or quicker than stock injectors.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:11 PM

the tranny was rebuilt in the spring..not completly bullet proof. only went with a single disk TC..the rest is ready..

yes..it build boost much faster and easier than before..
I know the overhead is wrong..but if its currently +-2 of its reading..I'm happy..19on the 19.5 around town.highway..instead of 14..

I'm leaning towards a smarty because of the low end/torque mangt..I want more power off the line..low end not high end..I need it for towing..before stepping the pedal to move the truck from stopped..it would go..slowly..not dead pedal..it was going..just slow..not good for pulling out into traffic..I'll know more next week when I hook my trailer back up..I hope its good

-dkenny
Old 08-25-2015, 07:47 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Smarty is great and you can stack it with other box's.
You can screw the valve over bolts into the tops of the injectors to pull them with.