Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Twin Disc Clutch HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twin Disc Clutch HELP

A while back I bought a twin disc clutch off of someone for $200. I got the flywheel and everything with it. I need to get new clutch discs for it and I also need to have a rivet replaced. My problem is I don't know where to get any of this done. I am not sure what make the clutch is. The pressure plate has Luk written on it but I don't think Luk makes a twin disc clutch. I am starting to think that I got ripped off. Does anyone know of a good clutch shop that I can send this to and have them work on it. My clutch is going out and I would really like to get this one ready to put in. Please help.
Thanks
Justin
Old 10-27-2003, 05:15 PM

Re:Twin Disc Clutch HELP

[quote author=yrusoslow2 link=board=7;threadid=21601;start=0#msg202262 date=1067295523]
A while back I bought a twin disc clutch off of someone for $200. I got the flywheel and everything with it. I need to get new clutch discs for it and I also need to have a rivet replaced. My problem is I don't know where to get any of this done. I am not sure what make the clutch is. The pressure plate has Luk written on it but I don't think Luk makes a twin disc clutch. I am starting to think that I got ripped off. Does anyone know of a good clutch shop that I can send this to and have them work on it. My clutch is going out and I would really like to get this one ready to put in. Please help.
Thanks
Justin
[/quote]

To my knowledge there are only 3 makers of twin disk clutches for our trucks.
1) www.enterpriseengine.com
2) www.haisleymachine.com
3) www.southbendclutch.com

I doubt its #3 so try the other two.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:32 PM

Got Smoke,
Thanks for the reply. I went to Haisley Machine's website and found the clutch that I have. I hope that they can fix it. I wonder how much it will cost to have it done. Has anyone else had one of these clutches rebuilt or done any business with Haisley. Thanks Again
Justin
Old 10-27-2003, 07:52 PM

I can give you the prices for the discs, I used to run the dual disk street from Haisley. Shoot me a pm for details and prices. The Haisley's are top-notch to work with, they will take the time to explain anything you need in detail.
andy
Old 10-27-2003, 11:28 PM

[quote author=yrusoslow2 link=board=7;threadid=21601;start=0#msg202286 date=1067297545]
Got Smoke,
Thanks for the reply. I went to Haisley Machine's website and found the clutch that I have. I hope that they can fix it. I wonder how much it will cost to have it done. Has anyone else had one of these clutches rebuilt or done any business with Haisley. Thanks Again
Justin
[/quote]

Yeah I'm sure that Haisley-Machine can revamp the clutch for you. Dodgeman01 & I are plan'n on their HMR Street Puller very soon. ;D

Old 10-29-2003, 06:14 AM

I called and talked to Haisley machine yesterday and they were the greatest people in the world to work with. It seems that I can't quite afford to have the clutch done right now but hopefully I can baby my clutch a little longer. I will definatley be going back to Haisley's for all of my business. Thanks again for all of the replies.
Justin
Old 10-29-2003, 09:11 AM

what kind of warrenty do they have on clutches? I mean it go have it in the truck for a week and there was a part that broke how would that work to get it replaced?
DM01
Old 10-29-2003, 09:40 AM

I am not sure what kind of warranty they have on there clutches. That is a good question, when I call next time I will have to ask.
Justin
Old 10-29-2003, 03:56 PM
Banned

Incorrect..
There is also another one,McCleod.
I,myself,would be more than a little leary of buying a unit which is already broken and has been removed.There certainly a good reason for it not going back in and may end up coasting you in the long run.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:14 PM

Hammer, I think that by the three makers of twin-disks, Got Smoke was referring to Haisley's as a distributor of the McLeod. I contacted McLeod during my search for a twin disk and I was directed to call Haisley's. One reason Haisley's clutches are so popular is that they set up each clutch before they send it to a customer. To me that is top notch service.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:50 PM

[quote author=Hammer link=board=7;threadid=21601;start=0#msg203192 date=1067464567]
Incorrect..
There is also another one,McCleod.
[/quote]

www.haisleymachine.com is a vendor of the Haisley-McLeod clutches. The one that my friend Aaron(Dodgeman01) and I are planning on buying in just a few months. ;D
Old 10-30-2003, 08:56 AM
Banned

Mark..
Better get your facts straight first.
The Haisley is exactly that,their own product,period.The McCleod version is built by McCleod and is available thru most any speed shop in the shop in the country.How you can set a dual disc up outside of the truck is a mystery to me.There is no doubt in my mind that Haisley's all out pulling piece is stout,its record of tougness stands for itself.

Hope your clutch does what you seek.You have gotten enough info from the group of us to know what you need.One last little quip and take this for what its worth.I see here and in all your other clutch threads : : :that warranty is a big issue for you and your friend.Take stock in knowing that sled pulling will void any warranty you think you have.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:45 AM

[quote author=Hammer link=board=7;threadid=21601;start=0#msg203509 date=1067525779]
I see here and in all your other clutch threads : : :that warranty is a big issue for you and your friend.Take stock in knowing that sled pulling will void any warranty you think you have.

[/quote]

It used to be, but I know that sled pulling will void any warrenty on a clutch so I don't even think about it anymore. As for Aaron asking about warrenty? I have no idea, but my previous statement in the line above is what kept me from saying anything. ;D

As for the clutch doing what we seek. We watch a guy sled pull with the Haisley-McLeod every year in KY. His name is Jacob Bradford. He's pushing more than Aaron & I ever will and has nothing but praise about the HMR Street Puller. After talking with several different people, even one that Aaron know's personally in Ohio that has this clutch I think that we will be very pleased with the clutch. ;D 8)
Old 10-30-2003, 12:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Be advised that dual disc clutched are linked to spiral cracking of input shafts. At least, if there are no damper springs on the plates.

Be careful when considering upgrades,

HOHN
Old 10-30-2003, 12:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If... the flywheel is recessed & If... the pressure plate is a LUK,
you may want to touch base with PETER @ SouthBend. I have one of his new twin setups in my Cab Chassis. BTW, you may want to consider (not) going to this set up for a street only setup. If I had it to do over I'd use his advanced surface disc and the LUK, which is the pressure plate you would get if you went to the ***********, and is also available from most any source. I've put aprox. 4,500 miles on the new twin disc set up and continue to have to shut down to go into gear, especially reverse and slip shifting thru 1st thru 4th, it is getting a little bit better though. :-

Quick Reply: Twin Disc Clutch HELP