Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Tranny BLUES

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 12:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Tranny Pressure Loc Blues

well I got a few Q's I just put in a reman trans @75k.11k miles later, I am now getting the awfull, well known TC shudder. I installed a bd pressure loc with no change except the gas peddle is REALLY soft @ 1/2-3/4 throttle.it feels like there is no resistance to it at all..why????to me the truck doesnt seem as fast to me now. is this the " limp mode " ?? I am throwing no codes and i installed it w/ the resistor / relay jumper/ and signal modifier. do i need the signal modifier? I have yet to throw any codes what so ever. none that the S C programmer can retrieve.my whole truck seems off since i installed it.what gives? Is my TC shot already? I was trying to wait it out for a yr or 2 and spend time upgrading other things b4 going to a full blown trans like a DTT.does someone recommend any options? I was thinking a new valve body and TC. I really dont want to spend a grand on a TC though. Is there any inbetween $ better than stock?I dont plan on going all out hp wise but i do want a bit more hp and TQ. I am thinking just straight pipe real soon and some injectors.I really want to be able to light'em up when ever i want? what mods does anyone recommend?I run a edge comp controller tapped, stacked with a superchip @ hi-perf. setting in a 01 CTD w/ a 4" lift w/ 35" tires w/ Afe intake system PG7, w/ turbo locked via spring w/ turnbuckel any help would be GREAT!! thanks in advance for any tips.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An edge comp alone with the wire tapped is enough to shred a stock converter. Your gonna need at least a new TC and VB to hold that. Call Stefan at DTT. He's a great guy to deal with and tell you what you want and what you don't need. Or call Dave at Goerend. They are a little cheaper and from what I'm told are better bang for the buck if you want mild to medium power. I just put in a DTT VB in my truck and that alone is holding the power of the edge comp with the wire tapped on 5x5 with my 275 injectors. Just something to think about.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:50 AM
Banned

Bigblue,

How much was that VB you just got?? I'm seriously thinking about getting one to help out MR. TRANNY!!! From the sounds of it you sure love yours!!

~Nick
Old 10-04-2005, 12:19 PM

Im also very happy with my new single disk Goerend converter i just installed for the $650 price.

Eric
Old 10-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gotlift01
Bigblue,

How much was that VB you just got?? I'm seriously thinking about getting one to help out MR. TRANNY!!! From the sounds of it you sure love yours!!

~Nick
The VB itself was $455 with the installation kit. And then there's a $200 core charge on it so it brings the total to $655. But you'll get $200 back. I love mine. The more I drive it the more I love it. It's holding the edge comp and 275's beautifully. Now if I could only get these blasted EGT's under control.