Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

So what's the most popular fuel additive?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a few questions. Would there be any benefit to running 2 stroke oil in a P pump? Im also wondering that if you do this for a long period of time say 6 months or more will the truck get use to it? And if it does what would be the effects of not running it anymore?
Old 04-06-2008, 09:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Cold Turky on the 2cyl oil....

First...
how could it hurt to run 2cyl in first gen? All your doing is adding extra lubricity to the fuel and with a diesel I can't see that being a bad thing.....

Second...
I've ran 2cyl oil for about 6 months now, and didn't run it in 1 or 1 1/2 tanks... and could hear the injector pump getting loud again... IMHO, I think to stop using 2cyl oil would be to just go back to doing damage to my injector pump by the reduced lubricity of the current diesel fuel..... and I really don't want to replace an injector pump EVER..... though I'm sure it will happen eventually.

NOW.... if b20 or better was available in NWA I'd just fuel up with it all the time, but my only source of B20 is in Dardanelle Arkansas when I go home to Russellville every other weekend and I don't always have the $$ to fill up before I have to return to Berryville... WISH I had an aux tank...

-Tim
Old 04-06-2008, 09:37 PM

I know they say that ULSD has less lubricity while it is being refined/after it has been refined (whichever) and that the refineries are supposed to put in lubricant additive before it gets shipped out to the distributors, Soooo, does anyone have any PROOF that the the ULSD has less lubricity even after the additive has been put in???? Or is it all just hear-say and speculation???? Anyone ever sent in a sample to have analyzed??? Anyone seen any lab reports??
Just wunderin for curiosity sake if it's actually as bad as everyone says it is.

I personally use Lucas fuel treatment and have seen an improvment in MPG, about .5-1 mpg.
And yes, I know that there has been "lab reports" done that says Lucas is not a good choice, but I usually don't put much faith in "lab reports" since they can be "skewed" so easily by an outside source. I go by personal experience.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:11 PM

Decreased Lubricity

I only know what I see at the pumps.....
most pumps I get fuel at say something like "sulfur 1500ppm, ulsd" required on all 2007 and newer diesel motors" a tag I saw LAST WEEK said "sulfur 500ppm, ulsd, ILLEGAL FOR USE in vehicles OLDER than 2007, WILL damage motor or internal parts"

I don't know if there is decreased lubricity.... but I do know I was breaking the law last week when I got fuel. I'll buy B20 or add 2cyl oil from NOW ON...

-Tim
Old 04-06-2008, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by imbodie
I only know what I see at the pumps.....
most pumps I get fuel at say something like "sulfur 1500ppm, ulsd" required on all 2007 and newer diesel motors" a tag I saw LAST WEEK said "sulfur 500ppm, ulsd, ILLEGAL FOR USE in vehicles OLDER than 2007, WILL damage motor or internal parts"

I don't know if there is decreased lubricity.... but I do know I was breaking the law last week when I got fuel. I'll buy B20 or add 2cyl oil from NOW ON...

-Tim
That's incorrect. 15ppm ULSD is required in 2007 and newer vehicles and can be used in anything older than 2007.

500ppm LSD is NOT to be used in vehicles 2007 and newer and can be ran in anything older than 2007.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by bullboy85
any one elce useing RBP? im seeing everything everone elce is seeing with different additives all in one. my truck runs just as quiet on RBP as 2 cycle. i get better milage, and i can even feel a little difference, i can tell when i give i lend the truck to a buddy and they fill it up with out the additive. not trying to push anything just want to know if anyone elce has tryed it and is seeing the same or is it all me?
I just started using RBP, Only on my second tank though, so I dont have anything to report yet. I used to use power service on and off, but a buddy of mine with a 7.3slowerjoke swears by the stuff so I thought I would give it a try. I will report back when I have some hard data on the milege.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by hink
That's incorrect. 15ppm ULSD is required in 2007 and newer vehicles and can be used in anything older than 2007.

500ppm LSD is NOT to be used in vehicles 2007 and newer and can be ran in anything older than 2007.

Well it was late at night, maybe I got it wrong..... of course, the one pump had BOTH warning labels, so I didn't pay any attention to either...

-Tim