Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Smarty Touch

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Smarty Touch

I have been researching these new Smarty Touch's and looks like a nice setup. I am curious if the $995 pricing is just for the touch screen and harnesses or does that include the smarty tuner? Otherwise, if that's just for the screen and harness and you have to add the $650 tuner on top of that..... Pretty pricey just for the addition of a touch screen.

Can someone chime in that knows more about this? I looked at the MADS Electronics site and it really doesn't make that very clear. I like the Smarty and the idea of the touch display like the Edge and its CTS, but I don't want an edge, I want a smarty....

Also, does it come with the hookups for all the different gauges or are those extra? I mean I know some of the data is pulled from the OBD port, but what about fuel pressure. I am looking for the fuel pressure, boost, and EGT mainly, but I didn't see any sending units except for the EGT
Old 01-07-2015, 04:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the touch will have the smarty software built into this.

so what I have learned is this has the cool touch screen stuff and diff screen displays etc.

you have the ability to store different software set ups. IE, one for MPG, towing, Power etc. This will be stored on a SD/Card.

where as me with my smarty I have to plug in my smarty put in my Sub/changes, TQ Mang, Timing Duration etc, and then select the SW 0-9 and then load it.

I believe its saying that with the programs that you create and store and when updating due to the dual CP on the touch etc this will be quicker to switch.

IMO,
I prefer a mechanical/analog fuel pressure gauge. you can always get just that by itself.

Im still learning about the data logging ability and PID. it appears that you can do a snapshot record of your engine i guess on what values? I dont know.
I guess for Tuning etc. I think that the data logging would be better on the 3red gens and above.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...7mImAm3yWtWQ1g

I beleive the UDC stuff is still only for later 3rd gens and new 4th gens.
the UDC's are custom tunes. More than just changing the number value 1-4 (timing) etc. I dont believe 2nd gens/VP have a UDC option.

yes I do agree with Smarty not being clear, all of the products they have created and come out with they have always been confusing or at least wording things that created more questions.

talk to Diesel & Dodge Performance Parts, Cummins Performance, Diesel Injectors
they (Bill and Rip Rook) owners have always been partnered I guess in some way with Smarty(Marco) since Smarty was just a Catcher installed on a ECM.
Call those guys and you will be able to get a what is what on a 2nd gen.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
UPDATE:

IF buying for a 2014 or above you need Smarty touch, com mod and rec Egt prob. $865 $205 $155 prices. if YOU ARE A VET PM ME I CAN TELL YOU WHERE TO GET A DISCOUNT.

if BUYING USED: All Smarty Touch can work just need to verify check if firmware ver 1.1.1 or lower will not vin lock and can be moved truck to truck after uninstalling, firmware above 1.1.1, the firmware vin locks and can be installed on 4 trucks total. One must pay for the Smarty plus $150 each additional TRUCK OR VIN..

KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN BUYING A USED UNIT.