Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Smarty. Major news!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 01:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
did you extract the files from the zipped folder?

when you open the usb.exe. you need to go to file, open and add the smte file
Old 05-27-2006, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still not working, I'll call you on monday for some step by step, Thanks Bob.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by FDPOWER
Hey Marco you think you will come up with sum competition programs in the future? I like the programs you have now n the updates are sweet but you know how it is with sum of us!!! More is better!!!! lol
I was thinking the same thing. Why not make a program that gives us an extra 120-130 hp like the TST & Edge boxes do. That would be sweet. I know Marco can do it. I bet he's worried about the vp44 failing. -Ray-
Old 05-28-2006, 12:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
70 hp is the max hp that the vp can put out without tapping the wire and making the pump do an extra duty cycle.

Marco gets all the fuel out that is available.

Just wait for the common rail smarty, the cr can put outs LOTS more hp
Old 05-28-2006, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
70 hp is the max hp that the vp can put out without tapping the wire and making the pump do an extra duty cycle.

Marco gets all the fuel out that is available.

Just wait for the common rail smarty, the cr can put outs LOTS more hp
I'm already jealous. -Ray-
Old 05-28-2006, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by FDPOWER
Hey Marco you think you will come up with sum competition programs in the future? I like the programs you have now n the updates are sweet but you know how it is with sum of us!!! More is better!!!! lol
Ditto that.....if there is anymore that can be done.....
Old 05-29-2006, 12:11 AM

Ok guys,

I just updated mine and noticed a difference right away. The last time I ran the truck on 9 I had surges, the biggest was running it hard then letting off a little bit. Even though the truck was pullin hard, it felt like it surged ahead. Kinda like another gear kicking in.

I thought the tranny was slipping. Then yesterday I see the thread about the update and it fixing a surge. Hummm, sounds like it might not be my tranny after all.

I did the update and the surge is gone now Yepieeeeeee. The tranny is not toast. That is a good thing.

Now that I am sure the tranny is ok, I swear it does not pull as hard as it did with the old flash. I could be just , but will have to drive it a little more with the new flash.

Also with the old flash, the fuel saver mode burned more fuel than #7 on a ~250 mile trip. I ran #7 at 70-80mph and made 23, on the return trip with a little less weight, I ran 70mph on fuel saver and made 20. I did notice with it on 7, my boost at cruze speed was less than 5. With it on fuel saver at 70 my boost runs 9 to 12psi. I will try it again with the new flash to see if it changes.

Perhaps I am just but I am still getting used to it.

By the way I LOVE MY SMARTY!!!!!! Thanks Bob, for one of the smoothest web buys I have ever done.

Marco, just one more time I LOVE MY SMARTY!!!!! this is a work truck, and a personal truck. I drive it and work it every day. You guys have given me a tool that lets me make changes as needed from the cab of my truck, in lest time than it takes to fill up! And going from 20mpg to 23 on #7 has me grinnin from ear to ear!!!

-Dave
Old 05-29-2006, 08:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally got driver, etc loaded! Have done my share of downloads, but this one stumped me! Had to get help from experts...who had to back track a few times to get-er-done!
May be a cultural thing.... those raised on computers vs those not....but even with XP, and expert help, it was not straight forward.

Once done, difficulty is forgotten and the results are well worth the hassle.

RJ
Old 05-29-2006, 09:16 AM
xmr

When I first tried to update my Smarty I tried to use a computer with Win 2000 and could not get it to work. I then tried a computer with XP and finally managed to get it to download. thanks Marco
Old 05-29-2006, 11:19 AM

Talking

Got it to work on my own finally!!! WOW, what a difference. Thanks again Bob and Marco. Best product out there on the diesel market!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2006, 03:27 PM

I'm doubting you will but.... Any plans to branch out to a different computer os?Buying a smarty and another computer just to update it is a lil bit much.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:56 AM

I got mine updated, but haven't driven the truck yet to test it
Old 05-30-2006, 02:00 PM

Has anyone out there have a computer other than XP OS that was able to do the download from Marco's site, install it, and download properly into the Smarty?
Old 05-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FYI...........

After you get the programs downloaded and unzipped...........when you try to install the new driver, the screen with the "SEND" box will have the old program. At the top of the page, click "file" then "open". When I did this, the new file came up, I clicked it, and the new program loaded. .....just the way it happened when I loaded it.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:51 PM

Sound like a poor USB cable. I had my share of bad cables when it comes to computers. I had major troubles trying to download and update my Smarty, so I left it for a day. When I tried again it just worked!!! I think I let the frustration of computers get to me!! Try a different USB cable. Hope that solves the problem..

Quick Reply: Smarty. Major news!