Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

smarty coments

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking smarty coments

ok so now we know a bunch of you guys got smartys{and candy}for a late xmas present,so lets hear the comments.all of em,is anyone disapointed?were they expecting more maybe?how about anyone with a comp?anyone tried sw8 with a comp?lets hear some coments in detail,dont worry you wont make us all jelous.{well maybe a bit}
Old 02-10-2006, 08:58 PM

Here is a pretty good thread with several comments: https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ad.php?t=91469

I ran my buddies last night with a comp and it was awesome. I don't think I'll need to send my comp back for the drag flash since the Smarty fuels to 3200. OH......whoops, ......I forgot to mention I ordered mine today after trying my good friends last night....... . The bottom end power is what I've been wanting all along. I can't say enough good things about this product. I was WAY more impressed than I ever thought I'd be!
Old 02-11-2006, 02:00 PM

Talking

come on guys dont keep all the coments to yourselfs,lets hear some,lets hear some with a comp coments.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by duallydave
come on guys dont keep all the coments to yourselfs,lets hear some,lets hear some with a comp coments.
The smarties just started shipping what this week? Last? Take it easy and give it some time. Jazz_kx just got this setup, but he's on the road. Other than that, refer back to post #2 Or maybe do a search for special catcher- it was the equivalent of smarty on sw8 from what I understand.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:59 PM

Gawd bless the COMP!!!!!
I put to shame 2 bow ties last weekend. A 2004 Denali and a 2000 half ton gaser.
Oh yeah baby! Got smoke?
Old 02-12-2006, 03:32 PM

I personally cant wait for them to have one for my new '06 when it gets here i want to get the Smarty going with her. I have edge juice on my '05 and i want something less invasive, too much work to put it on and take it off.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:42 PM

I was initally worried about the gains with a Comp myself but, about five minutes on SW#8 and Comp on 3X5 was all smiles

Originally Posted by Tiger Rag
I don't think I'll need to send my comp back for the drag flash since the Smarty fuels to 3200. OH......whoops, ......I forgot to mention I ordered mine today after trying my good friends last night....... . The bottom end power is what I've been wanting all along. I can't say enough good things about this product. I was WAY more impressed than I ever thought I'd be!
I'm a little confused here. I thought the regular Comp 2700 defuel was built into the Comp, not the ECM, so you would still need to upgrade to a Drag in order to get to 3200 without defueling. Am I missing something here?
Old 02-12-2006, 03:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
the smarty should fuel to atleast 3550 depending on which #
Old 02-12-2006, 03:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
the smarty should fuel to atleast 3550 depending on which #
Bob, The Smarty has 9 programs right? Could you post what they all do? Starting at #1.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:05 PM

So basically if you have a Smarty and the regular version Comp there's no need to upgrade to a "Drag"? Yet another little perk you get with the programmer...free Drag comp type fueling to 3XXX rpm.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Geico266
Bob, The Smarty has 9 programs right? Could you post what they all do? Starting at #1.
How bout the source?
http://www.madselectronics.com/Smarty03.html

phox
Old 02-12-2006, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by J Double
So basically if you have a Smarty and the regular version Comp there's no need to upgrade to a "Drag"? Yet another little perk you get with the programmer...free Drag comp type fueling to 3XXX rpm.
Used to be that you'd need drag comp and bd anti-defueler to work around the ecm defueling, back in the old pre-smarty days
Old 02-12-2006, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by J Double
THat's what it looked like to me in my trial run on my truck. At least it will save me the 125 + shipping on the drag upgrade.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:07 PM

Is the original CATCHER software different from the smarty? I know the original one was a full blown version. I was wondering if there is any difference between the Original and the Smarty on #9 setting. Thanks
Old 02-12-2006, 07:23 PM

I received my Smarty last week. I had the original catcher so swapped back to the original ecm.

I found the smarty easy to use and the programing is relatively quick.

I for one had thought the original catcher to be a bit too sensitive. When towing heavy on some of the rural grades (bumps) it was too easy to have a LOT of torque hit the driveline.

That said I originally started out with SW 7 "Mild Catcher with Timing" which is still very responsive. Next I tried the SW 5 "Soft Catcher with Timing". The truck is really responsive, you just have to use the accelerator pedal and ask for the response.

Quoting from the summary that came with the Smarty: "The power gain at top RPM with these softwares is almost identical". "The higher the software number the more aggressive the thorttle response from idle speed up."

It appears to me as if there is something here for almost everyone.

Quick Reply: smarty coments