Smarty #3 vs. Smarty #7 - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Smarty #3 vs. Smarty #7

Old 11-21-2006, 06:50 PM   #1  
Banned

Smarty #3 vs. Smarty #7

After reading and hearing about how #3 ran better than the others with heavy fueling I decided to try it. With the smarty on #7 and TST COMP on 9 the truck would lag real bad through first and into the start of 2nd before it finally lit off. With smarty on #3 it's still not at full boost but it's producing more and the instant that it shifts into 2nd it's at full boost and pulling like a train. Now granted #3 ain't as much fun as #7 but it sure is nice not to have to worry about a cloud of smoke following me whenever I'm accelerating. And if I leave the TST on 2 it's still got some pep to it. Just thought I'd share some info with yall. I'm gonna try it on the track friday and see what I can get.
BigBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:01 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
but it sure is nice not to have to worry about a cloud of smoke following me whenever I'm accelerating.

you bite your tongue!
bigredBCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:46 PM   #3  

Thats the excact settings my truck in on right now- sw3/tst2 and it sure is clean.

I think you're just getting into it too quickly on the higher sw's. You've really got to practice rolling into the throttle.

I've been testing the sw's in a race application I'm up to 85 with sw3, 90 with sw9, and 95 using sw3/tst5 on my test track. Sw9 launches the truck much harder than sw3 fme.
Ph4tty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:59 AM   #4  
Chapter President

Big Blue, Could you copy your findings regarding Sw#3 into my original thread as well, please. https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=120939 I just wanted to keep it all together so others will be able to read it and we'll have a more complete understanding of what different setups/trucks experience. Thanks
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 02:46 PM   #5  

I'v been running #3 for 2 weeks now and really like it . I turn the Redline up to 100% now and it feels good and egts r holding under 1600 although i lost about 4lbs of boost but i think its worth it
Rods is offline   Reply With Quote