Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Raptor Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 11:01 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Raptor Installed!

I installed Raptor (RP150) today! I'm certainly not too mechanically inclined, so it took most of the afternoon and into the night. Wasn't that difficult, just time-consuming for my knowledge-level.... I spent the first couple hrs figuring whether or not to drop the tank. I could sorta "sit" under the bed and see the fitting on top of the tank, but couldn't quite get to the fitting. So I spent an hour lowering the tank and making sure it was supported safely. I didn't disconnect the fuel fill feed tubes, so I didn't lower it all the way. After lowering it I was able to get to the top of the tank and removed the proper side (i hope) with the blue clip. The blue clip didn't come off, so I called Richard at Glacier Diesel; he told me to bend it or just nip it off (i did). Then spent some time threading the 1/2" hose along the rail and assembling the quick-connect connection. Someone recommended a "hair dryer" to heat the hose to get the connections into the hose---EXCELLENT IDEA AS THOSE CONNECTIONS ARE TOUGH!
Spent another couple hrs running the 1/2' hose to the fuel filter. I wasn't sure about where to connect the electrical connections, but figured it out eventually by reading the instructions V E R Y S L O W L Y...and connected it to the wire from the OE fuel pump. As for the power lines (+ and -), I wanted to connect to the alternator, but couldn't determine where the "chasis ground" connection was; so I connected it to the battery (will probably re-connect when I get some education).
Also, I just left the "old" lines where they are, including the old fuel pump...it wasn't broke yet, but I think it was probably dying slowly...could still serve as an "emergency back-up."
Since I didn't finish until about 10:30pm , I'll wait to start it until tomorrow morning.
UPDATE: Fired it up this morning. Charged it a couple times and bled the air/fuel at the fuel filter connection. Works great. My Qdzilla Cmdr shows constant 13psi (whereas before it was fluctuating between 5-9. ((note: not thrilled with my Commander...transmission temp sensor won't work correctly...different story...))

THANKS to Richard Martin at Glacier Diesel.com for excellent customer service--highly recommend buying from him!
--dan
Old 09-17-2008, 03:26 PM
GSP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are only getting 13psi? My stock pump gets 14-15 psi

I thought the rapter would gauge 15-18psi
Old 09-17-2008, 09:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah...13psi as measured on my Quadzilla Commander gauage...like I said, I'm disappointed in the Quadzilla...I suspect it's not as accurate as Isspro or other traditional gauges. But, I bought it "used as is", so probably my own fault. As far as the Raptor though, prior to installing it, the Commander only showed 7-8psi; sometimes 9-10. So just the fact that the Commander is now showing a constant 13--I'm thrilled!