Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Ram Cummins vs. Ram SRT-10

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that was some awsome runs
what broke?
whats done to make it click off times like that?
come my hair standing on end
need more power
Old 05-23-2005, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Dustin:

Congratulations on the new truck!!! We are all happy for you! Nothing like getting a new Dodge CTD! Does yours have the plastic intercooler ends?? If so, I would start saving for either a used 2003-2004 3rd Gen Intercooler with the METAL ends, or be looking at the aftermarket companies for a new one. With high boost, they are really breaking alot of them Dustin. But,.....again, congratulations to you! Call us anytime.

Take care!

-----------
genros:

Welcome to the website!

The stock output shaft is what broke on my truck. It is located on the very back (tailshaft
housing area) of the Dodge 47RE automatic transmission. You can look down at my "signature" (below my name) to see what I have done to my 2002 Dodge CTD.

----------
John_P
Old 06-16-2005, 10:42 PM

Old thread, but I finally seen it.
This is just plain old AWSOME.
Great Job John. I down loaded this at worked and showed it to the folks I work with.
Some of the comments where Holy $--T he ran a 12 second with a diesel truck. and I didn't know those diesels could go that fast.
I will try and catch up with you in the next few days.

Great job buddy.
See Ya
Chris
Old 06-17-2005, 12:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Why can't someone make a bulletproof input shaft out of 300M steel or something.

jlh
Old 06-17-2005, 01:14 PM

Awseme video, too bad about the tranny. YOu need a fordged shaft, cast or cut isnt gunna cut it.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Chris:

I am glad to hear you FINALLY saw this video!!! It is about time!!! Chris, I think the owner
of that 2005 Dodge Viper Ram Pickup was also pretty surprised at the outcome, even though
he missed third gear on the second run I still think I would have won!

-----------------------------
HOHN and Ripper 406:

I do intend to install a billet output shaft ASAP. I didn't do it after the race primarily because of
time constraints. But you guys are both right,..........I definitely need a billet shaft in that truck!

---------
John_P
Old 06-17-2005, 10:42 PM

I wonder what color cummins he traded his SRT-10 in on after those runs. Or better yet i would like to hear the excuses, not saying he is like that but i know that there are peoplr like that. LOL Anyway great video. I love to see those cummins gettin it down the track.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:55 AM
Administrator

dezlsmkr:

You mentioned the "excuses" angle. I can tell you that after the race a few guys I know here locally, including a Dodge Dealership Cummins/Viper Technician said to me; "Well if you beat him in your diesel truck the guy must not have been able to drive that Viper Ram Pickup!"
But,.......what I told them was; "look at the video and you tell me if that guy was EVER
really close!" I can tell you that in the first race he was "closing the gap on me"
pretty fast but fortunately for me the track is a 1/4 mile! FWIW, that guys 2005 Dodge
Viper Ram ALSO had the following upgrades to the engine etc.:

Viper Tuner "Upgrades"
Headers
Borla Exhaust
Cold Air Intake

---------
John_P
Old 06-18-2005, 09:52 AM

What is people's problem with the diesel. One thing i realized is i think the most unknowlegable people about diesel are the dodge tech's.. One guy i know had a 02 he ran pretty conistant 13.1 1/4 times. Well another guy i know has a 01 mustang gt with a whole list of mods from Cams, Heads, Full length headers, P&P Upper plenium,CLutch, Alum- Drivshaft ect.ect......

Well the mustang guy wanted to race so he pushed and pushed and when they finally raced the cummins beat him. Well he was And all he could say was " Well the only reason you won is because you shot NOS off the line"

Personally i dobt care how you won you are talking about a 7,500 or so Pound truck here. This was a ext-cab longbed 4x4 6 speed. Versus what i know those cars dont wiegh much.
Not to mention the disesl guys most of the time drive there in the truck getting 18+ Mpg.

I have yet to see someone ride in one and say " Im not impressed"

AS for the excuses i know i have raced a couple different people. I once raced a little dakota R/T. And after i Just flat SPANKED him he says and i quote " Well.. uh..uh I dont have a turbo....I missed a gear....I cant drive an automatic....uh uh Yea that things pretty fast"

Anyway great truck and run John_P i always wanna give a big thanks to everyone thats out there showing what the diesels can do.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by dezlsmkr
What is people's problem with the diesel. One thing i realized is i think the most unknowlegable people about diesel are the dodge tech's.. One guy i know had a 02 he ran pretty conistant 13.1 1/4 times. Well another guy i know has a 01 mustang gt with a whole list of mods from Cams, Heads, Full length headers, P&P Upper plenium,CLutch, Alum- Drivshaft ect.ect......

Well the mustang guy wanted to race so he pushed and pushed and when they finally raced the cummins beat him. Well he was And all he could say was " Well the only reason you won is because you shot NOS off the line"

Personally i dobt care how you won you are talking about a 7,500 or so Pound truck here. This was a ext-cab longbed 4x4 6 speed. Versus what i know those cars dont wiegh much.
Not to mention the disesl guys most of the time drive there in the truck getting 18+ Mpg.

I have yet to see someone ride in one and say " Im not impressed"

AS for the excuses i know i have raced a couple different people. I once raced a little dakota R/T. And after i Just flat SPANKED him he says and i quote " Well.. uh..uh I dont have a turbo....I missed a gear....I cant drive an automatic....uh uh Yea that things pretty fast"

Anyway great truck and run John_P i always wanna give a big thanks to everyone thats out there showing what the diesels can do.

So we don't all make excuses after our butts are kicked?

"A Duramax beat me... But that's only because they have more gears, and less wind resistence, and don't last as long, and get worse fuel economy, and rev higher... It's not because they're faster or anything..."

Or
"A [anything gasoline] beat me... But it's only because it weighs less, and is more aerodynamic, and doesn't last as long, and only gets 3 MPG, and sits lower to the ground, and has better tires, and is a gasser rather than a Diesel, and has a smaller rear-end..."

You see, us Diesel folk are in the position where even if we get our butts kicked we can always tell ourselves that we weren't supposed to win anyhow since we have Diesel's... We have the biggest excuses of them all, and the most pitiful thing is that we use them...
Old 06-18-2005, 12:41 PM

Haha yea you are right about us having the best excuses. "Man thats an awesome (insert vehicle) you just beat a 8k pound 4x4 diesel."
Old 06-18-2005, 02:37 PM

Ok so you beat me but lets see who's motor actually has more power. Lets pull um and dyno umm
Old 06-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Administrator

dezlsmkr:

Thanks for your nice comments!

You are right about what you said, people just really don't realize what these diesel pickups can do what they do, especially considering how much they weigh as you also pointed out!
And I have also taken the "uninformed" for good, fast, hard rides in both of my trucks and every one I have taken is pretty surprised! The thing I always tell them is that my trucks are really "bottom feeders" or "mildly upgraded" if you compare my trucks to someone like Jeff Garmon's Drag Truck or Greg Hogues Tubular Chassis Dodge CTD Drag Truck! When I tell them these guys are down below 10 seconds they just look at you with disbelief!!

But to me, one of the best parts of owning one of these trucks which is BOMBED is going out to the drag strip and watching the reactions of owners like the guy who raced me in the 2005 Dodge Viper Ram Pickup or seeing the face of an owner of a "modified" Mustang, Camaro or "hot" import when you beat them down the quarter mile with a heavy, black smoking Dodge Diesel Pickup!! In the words of my buddy Keith Livingstone (Rammin On) "Life is Good!"

----------
John_P
Old 06-20-2005, 09:12 PM

Thank you for the compimants. I think what amazes me most is that sure these guys are running low 9's 10's ect..... And "ALOT" of them were built just for that purpose.

The thing that makes me all fuzzy inside is that some of our diesels are running 13's 14's which isnt at all shabby. Gosh if i gave you the whole list of stuff my friend had to do to his 01 Mustang gt to hit 13.01 you would flip. And these are performance cars outta the box.
Anyway these diesels are hitting impressive numbers and they are peoples wheels. They use these to go to work go to the store haul there hay ect...

And are still getting tremindous fuel mileage. Its amazing. I go to the track i get beat i get beat. I look at it this way if you compare how long gas performance has been around compared to diesel performance there is no comparison.

I have to laugh because i have been a diesel man for so long even back to my ol'e 85 ford 6.9 IDI.

Now i always get a kick when i see a little old man or a soccer mom driving one everyday and i see that often. And it shows that more people everyday see the benefits of them. I guess i just like knowing i have got that kinda power in my everyday driver.

Anyway sorry to ramble on i get on this deisel kick i cant get off. Anyway good luck to you John_P in all you future runs. You gotcha a mean machine there that nobody has to take your word for you can just show um.

Like i always say a puff (cloud) of black smoke and i'm gone.