Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Ram Cummins vs. Ram SRT-10

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Ram Cummins vs. Ram SRT-10

Here's the video! Go to this link, then click the little box, THEN CLICK SAVE, it will probably not play if you click open.

http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/2...m%20SRT-10.wmv
Old 05-08-2005, 04:00 PM

Nice video, too bad about that tranny .
Old 05-08-2005, 07:26 PM

Way to go John!!!! Awsome.

Doug
Old 05-08-2005, 07:38 PM
Banned

dayum that second launch was hard, thing took off like it got goosed. too bad abo7ut the tranny, next one under that truck will be stronger I am sure.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:48 PM

Great video Keegan!! Thanks for posting that over here. It's just too bad you didn't catch the SRT-10 owner's face after the first run....

For the record the output shaft of the tranny snapped clean in half. It has been fixed with another stock shaft we had handy for now, but he has a billet shaft in the works to avoid the snappage in the future

John
Old 05-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Keegan:

Welcome to "Diesel Truck Resource!"

I want to sincerely thank you for coming over here and posting the video of me beating the 2005 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Ram Pickup! I know there were some "skeptics" as to whether I really beat the guy, so maybe this will put some of that to rest! I too am a fan of the adage;
"Seeing is Believing!"

Thanks again Keegan!

---------
John_P

(FWIW,.....On the second run against the Viper SRT-10 Ram Pickup I left the line with 25lbs of boost! In the first race I left with almost 20lbs. I guess it took it's toll on my truck.......... )
Old 05-08-2005, 09:05 PM

Talking

John P,
I found your posts here after Mopar at the Rock while researching for my diesel on the site. I sent Keegan the link to your posts this morning. He got the video up quick. Your runs motivated me to work on my '02. Put in the Edge ez and Dipricol boost, egt, and fuel pressure on the a-pillar yesterday. Already love the increase in power and smoke! Look forward to seeing you all at future DTW events. Tacsavage (Dustin)
Old 05-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Dustin:

Welcome to the website!! I am really glad you found it alright and got signed up! This is a great place to be if you own a diesel truck! Jack Thorpe founded this site and has done an excellent job in building it up over the last few years. He also has some great Moderators who
"run a tight ship" and keep things going very, very well here! I know you will like this website.

I am happy to hear you have started BOMBING your truck! Believe me,.....it is addictive! The more power you get, the more power you want. At least that is the way it has worked out for my son and I and a few of our good friends. As I think I told you at the "Rock"
there are some VERY fast Dodge CTD Pickup Trucks throughout the U.S. (alot faster than mine)
and it seems that every year someone is going faster than the year before and still driving the truck everyday! It really is amazing.

Anyway,......welcome aboard buddy! Take care and P.M. or e-mail me if there is anything I can do to help you.

----------
John_P
Old 05-08-2005, 09:56 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great Job!!

Don~
Old 05-08-2005, 09:57 PM

Thanks John. Dustin
Old 05-09-2005, 12:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
one word..

A W E S O M E!!!

shame bout the tranny tho...

Now bout that red rocket, is that thing streetable?? It looks like a red devil to me more than anything else.. id be in trouble with it...
Old 05-09-2005, 02:06 AM

sucks about the tranny...too bad the guy in the SRT-10 didnt know how too launch!! LOL....could have actually kept up with you if he knew how too drive, then it wouldnt have been so embarrasing for him!!
Old 05-19-2005, 09:59 PM

Keegan
awesome video and it is nice to see Dustin finally did some bombing to his truck. Just beware it is addictive, just as John_P stated the more power you get the more you want.

John_P
I finally got to see your runs, being that I was infront of you on the first two runs all I ever saw was your front bumper. It has been a month, but it is still impressive. On the first run of the video I could see a quick shot of my tail lights. Maybe next time if I can get into the 13's I will have a video,
Old 05-20-2005, 06:47 AM
Administrator

Tom:

Thanks buddy!

With the course you are on I KNOW it won't be long before you are in the 13's!!!

----------
John_P
Old 05-22-2005, 01:54 PM

Goodsy1ton,JohnP,Banshee

Just traded the '02 for a '05 2500 flame red sport. Keegan doesn't know yet I'll send him pics once I get the MBRP duals on, leveling kit, 35" bfg mud terrains, gauges, window tint, vent visors. etc. I'll post some pics at dtw too. I may have to give you guys a yell about these 3rd gen. if I have any questions. It was great meeting you all at the Rock I'm sure I'll see you all at the next event. Dustin

Quick Reply: Ram Cummins vs. Ram SRT-10