Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Questions and issues.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions and issues.....

I gotta couple issues with my truck and was wonderin if yal could help me out a little. First, im havin rough idle after i drive for awhile an the rpms come down it idles rough for a minute or two then kinda clears itself out. just curios if this could be my pump?? my fuel press. is dropping a little too lately. Also, when i hit 70 mph my brake and abs lights pop on at the same time. they only come on when accelarated to 70. when i shut off truck and start again they arent on. i just had my brakes done and rotor. And lastly havin a 1682 code when i do the key cycle. would apprecitate your thoughts. thanks
Old 12-02-2009, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by lvmknsmoke..
I gotta couple issues with my truck and was wonderin if yal could help me out a little. First, im havin rough idle after i drive for awhile an the rpms come down it idles rough for a minute or two then kinda clears itself out. just curios if this could be my pump?? my fuel press. is dropping a little too lately. Fuel filter maybe?Also, when i hit 70 mph my brake and abs lights pop on at the same time. they only come on when accelarated to 70. when i shut off truck and start again they arent on. i just had my brakes done and rotor.Whoever done the job may have nicked a speed sensor wire or something And lastly havin a 1682 code when i do the key cycle. would apprecitate your thoughts. P1682Charging Sys Voltage Too Low. Your alternator may be on its way out. Does your voltage fluctuate?thanks
bold red words
Old 12-02-2009, 05:16 PM

well 2 weeks ago my voltage dropped to 8 a couple different times. but now its been normal again for a week. i just had a alternator put on a year ago. an il change the fuel filter and see if that helps my idle.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by lvmknsmoke..
well 2 weeks ago my voltage dropped to 8 a couple different times. but now its been normal again for a week. i just had a alternator put on a year ago. an il change the fuel filter and see if that helps my idle.

It may or may not make a difference, but you might pull your battery connections and clean them and the battery posts. This area can sometimes prevent adequate charging of the batteries and cause a few weird problems.

The charging system in our trucks is not exactly the most robust out there, so a little maintenance can go a long way.