Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Question about FASS 150

Old 12-05-2013, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Question about FASS 150

I'm looking into purchasing an upgraded lift pump system for my truck and I have a question about the FASS 150.

I was conflicted between going with the 95 or the 150 but I eventually decided on the 150 because of the mods I have or want to do (exhaust, intake, Edge JWA CTS, maybe bigger injectors around 100hp).

My question about the 150 is regarding the in-tank pump. I've seen multiple people on here say their 150s were "out-running" their in-tank pump, so they went with a draw-straw. I don't want to do a draw-straw setup because I haven't heard too many great things about it on a VP44 system. I won't drive my truck hard at all (almost always with the Edge in the 1 or 2 setting, occasionally going about 3).

Will the FASS 150 be good for the setup I want? I don't want to be out running the in-tank pump so I don't introduce air into the system.

Thank you so much for your input!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
You do NOT want to pull fuel through your existing fuel pump, it is only an obstruction and it becomes worse than that when it fails not allowing the FASS to pull enough fuel.

Remember that a good portion of the fuel that gets pumped to the VP44 passes through it and carries the heat away from the injection pump helping to keep it cool and running with out any issues. We do not want to do anything to hamper the flow of good clean "Cool" fuel to the IP.

The only real problems that have occurred with the draw straws were improper installation....If you look at your fuel tank hanging under your truck you will notice the center hangs down a inch or two lower than the ends because the tank is plastic and flexes.

Some people were pulling the tank to do an install and setting the tank flat on the ground then cutting the straw to fit. If you simply put a 2x4 under each end so it mimics hanging on the straps you then cut the straw the proper length and solve the problem.

Another way to avoid this is to simply unplug the wiring at the rear under the bed, remove the 4 bolts holding it in place and with a buddy lift the bed off the truck allowing you full access to the top of the tank