Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quadzilla commander questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quadzilla commander questions

It stays on when truck is off, is this right. I cant do anything with it just shows the gauges. If i press the buttons nothing happens except when i press the 2nd or 3rd buttons it goes to level 3 and thats it . I didnt get to set up or anything. just gauges and the boost psi is 0 most of the time unless i floor it, then it will go to 16 or17psi. i m sure this is just a bad tie in with MAP sensor. I hooked everything up just like the instructions said.
please help thanks dieselfan
Old 08-14-2006, 05:25 AM

MIne shuts off when the truck is off. The instructions where wrong on which fuse to tap into. I will look later today & post. It is either # 14 or 17. My xzillaraider is hooked to the other. I am not getting much boost too. 14- 15 psi. & lots of smoke. Quadzilla is sending me another & I am sending mine back. Ill let you know what happens. Call Quadzilla for tech support with the commander. You should be able to set everything. Mine works great, except boost pressure reading is low by 2-3 psi. Their tech support has been very helpful. When you can get ahold of them.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:41 PM

dieselfan,

I believe you pm'd me on another site? Is that correct? I want to make sure I got your questions answered but, I like to only do it once if I can!!!! I guess I am getting lazy!

Tsutter,

You are right. We say fuse #14 in the manual but that is for the Xzillaraider module. It should be fuse #17 for the Commander.

Also it sounds to me like your boost is off because you might be on the wrong wire. On 98.5-02 truck you actually need to be tapped into our "light blue" wire. On all other modules it is a dark blue wire and one of our guys may have steered you wrong there.

Let me know which wire it is tapped into and we can go from there but, I bet that is your problem.

Quad
Old 08-14-2006, 04:52 PM

Quad,
yes i pm you on that other site. Everything is working got it hooked up to #17 fuse. the buttons are really hard to press . my boost does seem low 0psi till i'm doing 25-30mph. i changed the line tap to map sensor with a new one. still seems low maybe it my stupid superchips. customer service is great shipping was super fast 2 days. just got in my fuel pressure sending unit. looks really easy to hook up, cant wait to see fuel psi. thanks dieselfan(bsmith)