Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

"phoenix" trans. off ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"phoenix" trans. off ebay?

I know everyone is going to chime in here telling me to go to Goerend, and that may be the right thing to do.
However, for a fraction of the price that one of his monsters go for, on ebay, some company called Phoenix
is selling remanned, "stage III" whatever that means, with billet converters for under $2G.

Now im not running to buy anything, But id like to know if anybody has one, had one, knows anything,
knew a guy, who knew a guy , whose sister bartended for a woman whose brothers vet. had one.

you get the idea.

thanks
Old 08-16-2005, 11:36 AM

if they dont explain what stage III is and how it compares with others, i am lead to believe they are full of it.

i wish you luck and if you do purchase the Phoenix, let us know your findings.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:24 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'll sell you my Stage XXXVXVXIIIVXXXII for $1,500. Did you save $500 or waste $1,500...or both? My point is you have to compare companies, products, service, & warranties. These guys have NO track record. Unless you have the money to become a guinee pig I would pass.

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

Old 08-16-2005, 12:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Easy guys, has anyone done any research on the company? I cannot comment, but until you talk to the tech's that do the work and find out about their upgrades its tough to throw darts!
Old 08-16-2005, 12:50 PM

Call them and ask questions, maybe you'll be pleasantly surprized!
Old 08-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Banned

smokefrom4,

Take a look at their website....

http://www.phoenixtrans.com

"BUYER BEWARE" There are some companies out there with names very similar to ours, selling all kinds of transmissions and parts on the internet. We know this because we get lots of calls from their unhappy customers who have purchased transmissions from them believing they were getting a "bargain" on a "Phoenix" transmission.

We DO NOT sell transmissions on E-Bay, or through any other auction site. All of our transmissions are built to order and sold either direct from our factory in Weatherford Texas, or through our authorized distributors.

I think your question has been answered.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:38 PM

Originally posted by Mcmopar
Easy guys, has anyone done any research on the company? I cannot comment, but until you talk to the tech's that do the work and find out about their upgrades its tough to throw darts!
I see your point, ( not a flaming session) but any company that says they can sell a rebuilt tranny & new TC for $1,100 and warranty it (if the warranty is any good) is cutting corners somewhere. No one can do it in a "state of the art shop" with all the test equipment needed to properly test them, and do it right for CDT trucks, and pay workers who want to be there.

IMHO
Old 08-16-2005, 01:39 PM

Originally posted by smokindog
smokefrom4,

Take a look at their website....

http://www.phoenixtrans.com

"BUYER BEWARE" There are some companies out there with names very similar to ours, selling all kinds of transmissions and parts on the internet. We know this because we get lots of calls from their unhappy customers who have purchased transmissions from them believing they were getting a "bargain" on a "Phoenix" transmission.

We DO NOT sell transmissions on E-Bay, or through any other auction site. All of our transmissions are built to order and sold either direct from our factory in Weatherford Texas, or through our authorized distributors.

I think your question has been answered.
Good call Smokey4!
Old 08-16-2005, 01:53 PM

GIECO-Yes, I do agree.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:09 PM
P.J
Banned

Someone here HAS bought from the Phoenix on E-Bay and is so far satified, just can't recall who......

They don't seem like a bad way to go for stockers, considering the ones that most guys on here are buying about 15% of the sticker price of the truck.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:23 PM

i bought one for my AMC a few years ago on ebay and its still holding up.....the torque converter they give you seems to be a stock on modified and slapped into a new case.........found this out when i stripped it apart........
Old 08-16-2005, 07:45 PM

just because youre buying a built tranny,,,doesnt mean your getting something special......you know what dtt,ats and suncoast does with theirs specifically,,maybe some of the goerends camp boys should tell you whats in theirs .unless they bought billet shafts,its just a stock rebuild.not bashing dave,but he sales stock rebuilds with a shift kit and con. and a billet apply lever thats the same as stock,just made of billet..no clutches added or special seals or anything.his warranty is good,but when it costs 500 bucks to ship a tranny back to him with problems,what good is it really?if he was local,it would be fine.....just replying because you specifically said something about goerends............bama