Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Not impressed with my Jammer 5's

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 08:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not impressed with my Jammer 5's

Well, I installed my Jammer 5's this weekend and I am not that impressed with the power increase. The smoke increase is incredible, but the power is not. Maybe I am way under aired and so I need more turbo to get much gain.

With the Juice off, these injectors feel about the same as my old 120 HP rated edge comp felt like on level 5 and sub level 4.

I have the Hot upgrade so on level six, these injectors feel like double the HP of my RV 275's. I would guess that compared to my previous setup, these injectors netted me 50 more HP. I can now blacken 4 lanes if I floor it, but that is not always fun.

Truck has a slight lope in the idle but it comes and goes every five seconds or so and it is barley evident. My truck does have a slight studder at WOT around 2400 RPM too, not sure what from, all that I can guess is these injectors.

All that said, I am happy with the bang for the buck, I just think that Jammer 5's really make 100-110 HP not the advertised 150.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I coulda told ya that. Jammers, while cheap, are not the best injector. You need to have them pop tested and set to smooth out the idle. Also, 150hp injectors and a 120hp box is definately beyond what the stock turbo is rated for.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:40 PM
BBA

Originally Posted by BigBlue
I coulda told ya that. Jammers, while cheap, are not the best injector. You need to have them pop tested and set to smooth out the idle. Also, 150hp injectors and a 120hp box is definately beyond what the stock turbo is rated for.
Can you explain more on the set to smooth the idle part because mine does the same thing and not sure what i can do to fix it.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Banned

What it is is the injectors popping off at different pressures. So you don't get a very smooth idle. So you take them to an injection shop and have them test each injector to see at what pressures they are popping at. Once that's found you have them go in there and shim something up in there that adjusts the pop off pressure and you have them equalized. That should fix the rough running part of the equation.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:45 PM
BBA

thanks!

Just curious do you know about how much it cost to do this? And can just a regular injection shop do this or does it need to be a shop that messes with more high performance stuff?
Old 06-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Banned

A regular fuel injection shop can do this. They need an adapter for the injector but chances are good that they have it. Might try calling up some local big rig shops and asking them if they do it or know someone who does. I've heard it costs between $10-20/injector to have it done.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:09 PM

My idle is barely rougher than before and it does it for a SECOND OR TWO, then it smooths out, then it does it again, smooths again, then it again.. so on. I don't think this is a pop off pressure problem. It is the nature of the beast.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:17 PM
BBA

Originally Posted by Big Blue24
My idle is barely rougher than before and it does it for a SECOND OR TWO, then it smooths out, then it does it again, smooths again, then it again.. so on. I don't think this is a pop off pressure problem. It is the nature of the beast.

Thats the way mine are but some days it wont do it others it ridiculous how much it does. Sometimes somebody will pull up by me at a redlight and thin i want to race them or something i guess from the outside of the truck it seems like im barely hitting the gas or something. It doesnt bother me to much but sometimes it just gets a little annoying.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Banned

I'm betting it is a pop off thing. One of my friends did the random rough idle thing with the jammers and another did it with a set of BD 155's. My truck with BD155's had an ever so slight rough idle. Put these dragon flow 200+hp's in there and it's smoother than it was from the factory. I'm betting it's a pop off thing. Or something else that could be adjusted.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:25 AM
Banned

They are not flow matched to your bodies. Each injector is not putting out the same amount of fuel. Get them pop tested and you will be surprised in the difference between each injector.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:01 PM

This morning, cool outside, cool fuel, truck not fully warmed up, my truck idled smoother than it ever has. Smoother than my brand new RV's. My truck starts better too, with less cranking. Maybe it had a little air still trapped or some small debris that had to be cleaned out, but now the power is smooth.

Still smokey though, these Jammers are notorious for running dirty, and that they do! I run my Juice on 1x1 and they still cloud up when I get on it.

Put the Juice on 0 "stock" and it will be dusk at mid-day, Put the Juice on 6, floor it doing 20 in third and it will be midnight in winter time at noon in the summer.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:07 PM

I do agree that flow matching would help these things idle even better, but whose got 1K to buy 4 sets to make up one good 60 Liter Per Minute matched set?
Old 06-11-2007, 07:30 PM
GFB

Are you having any trouble with EGTs?
Old 06-11-2007, 08:00 PM

So far no EGT issues, but i haven't really raced with these sticks yet, just your occasional 20 to 60 MPH WOT hit to feel the power. I drive extra far to work tomorrow with some big hiway hills to climb, i'll mash it up a grade and report on my findings, I am thinking that I will overspeed my turbo and will have to get an adjustable boost elbow so my wastegate can become functional and keep boost at 35psi.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:05 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Blue24
Maybe the nature of a Jammer beast, but not all 150hp sticks are like this.

My M4s are smooth at idle, even in really cold temps. If it weren't for the white smoke at idle in bitter cold temps, you'd never even know the sticks weren't stock.

Thanks Don for great injectors!

jh

Quick Reply: Not impressed with my Jammer 5's