Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

New to Mod game

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would not suggest delivery valves for this truck, it all ready has a set of 181's and they are plenty for 500 plus hp. i think a simple plate change to a #10 or better yet a #100 and a set of 3k spring he will be amazed at the differance in power. we are talking about adding 350 plus foot pounds of tq at the rear wheels. get a set of gauges, and the timing set to 16 degrees, and dump the cat and muffler and install a decent muffler and maybe a bhaf and tow away. you truck will out pull any new truck like it wasn't even there. but it will more than likely require a clutch change to a southbend ofe or at least a luk progold. mike
Old 08-16-2005, 07:38 PM

Sounds like what I want to do Gunracer, what will this do to my fuel milage if I am easy on it; I don't jack rabbit start etc.... I just want to get up the hills a bit faster.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:05 PM

This should not affect your normal gas mileage. It will only hurt it if your right foot gains waight...lol

Go for it.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:00 PM

My 2 cents goes with gunracer1. Smith, you said that you didn't really want a "loud race truck" so at first I would steer you away from the bigger injectors and delivery valves. You have the larger 215 HP pump so a bigger set of delivery valves would end up costing you a new clutch or turbo if you are towing regulary in the Ozarks. I think that the #10 plate would be your best option. The crescent shape curve allows fuel to come on smoothly, is very adjustable for power and will defuel at top end and thus keep the temps in check. A #100 plate and you'll have to watch the temp gauge too much (trust me I know) because it doesn't defuel. The 3 K GSK will keep fueling higher into the rpm range. It alone will not add heat but will extend the fueling range. For the money it's probably the best p-pump mod going and will be particularly nice for those downshifts in the hills around Eureka Springs. You've also got the right start with gauges (a necessity for mods), a better air filter (look at the BHAF threads) and the 4" exhaust. Start with those things, see how it behaves and if you want more then the injectors and a different turbo and tougher clutch. Piers and TST are great sites with good customer service for the plate and GSK. After all that, you may want to find someone in your area with a juiced up truck and go for ride to see what you want. Keep the questions coming.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:40 PM

Recieved the 4" exhaust a few days ago and installed it this morning. It sounds good but I haven't taken it out for a spin yet. Next is the air cleaner and gages. I'm looking at the Scotty II, I may order it and the gages today. Once they are installed I'll order the plate and GSK. I wish I had a couple free days and I would order everything and do it at once; but for now I only have time here and there to work in the mods. I'll post as I the mods continue.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Stick with a 10/100 plate, a GSK and your stock DVs and injectors.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:23 PM

get gauges first ...then just go with a nice plate and some gov springs...slide the plate forward and enjoy...ur gauges will let u know when u need to lay off the throttle...those mods will run u just under or at 500$ and ur pretty much done for what you're looking for

Andrew