Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

New Edge Juice w 'tude installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 09:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Edge Juice w 'tude installed!!!

Ok, race fans, I learned several things last night and a few this morning. Maybe this will answer some questions for those thinking about putting in this module.

1) The box says "easy 10 minute install". Bull Corn. Whoever wrote that was on a crack pipe during his lunch break. It took me 3 hours and I am a wire junky with all the fancy tools.

2) The MAP sensor connector is the absolute craps to get unplugged. I'd like to kick the designer that put the locking clip on the bottom. Jerk!!

3) The factory clutch won't hold if you dump it at 2800 in 2nd gear...but I knew that...clutch will be next month as planned.

4) I drove to work on level 3 and showed 18.5 mpg on the overhead console. Whether this is actually correct or not, it is up from 15.5-16 that it was showing before the box. The AFE might have helped this too, but that saves me some fuel in the long run.

5) If you want your engine compartment to look good, it will take you more than 3 hours. I just hurried to get it in so I could drive it to work today and the whole place looks like a birds nest. The instructions didn't really specify where the module is supposed to be mounted, so the wire lengths all seem to be wierd. Maybe I'm an idiot and overlooked it, but I read the manual at least 4 times.

All in all, great product with moderate installation skills needed. I definately want more power than what it gave me, but then again, I haven't had time to tweek the fueling and junk on the attitude. It still may be turned way down. We'll see about that !!
Old 08-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Banned

i hear its a nice piece...but in all honesty i would never put it on my truck, i already have a few hundred bucks invested in gauges, add to that i have the comp now which gives the same power without all the bells and whistles...

if i had a stock truck and i wanted a mild upgrade, and hadnt put gauges in yet...then i would consider it. but for me, i could buy a turbo timer, install it, and still spend less than the Edge juice w attitude.

with that said its a nice piece for those just starting to mod their trucks...and i cant say anything bad about it.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:27 AM
Banned

Yes. I now have a set of Auto Meter gauges (Nice ones), EGT and Boost with a pillar mount pod (black) that I need to sell! I know what your saying getblown5.9! I also have another EGT guauge with probe that reads 0-800 or 900 I believe if someone wanted to put one in the downpipe or somewhere that wouldn't max it out. I have all kinds of toys to get rid of!!
Old 08-04-2006, 09:31 AM
Banned

Get some fire in your shorts to get her done did ya???

Yeah them directions are full of bull honkey, when I put my COMP in it took me more than 10 minutes just to get that retarded clip out........

Even installing one a Duramax.....which is one of the easiest trucks.......took about 30 minutes!!!

Glad you like it though......

~Nick
Old 08-04-2006, 12:14 PM
KVD

How much for the gauages??

I buddy of mine needs some for his 12v before we start messin with the fuel.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:14 PM

The map sensor only takes forever the first time you do it. Once you figure out there is a locking clip then it only takes seconds to pull it off.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lsgibb
The map sensor only takes forever the first time you do it. Once you figure out there is a locking clip then it only takes seconds to pull it off.
Well, see, I had the new harness with the same plug on it, so I knew how it worked. Problem was, with my finger nails trimmed short to play the guitar, I had to use a screw driver to remove the clip........long screwdriver.....coming from under the truck. When I finally got all the mud out of my eyes, and having my wife to wiggle the conector, I finally got it. I consider myself a reasonalbe technologically advanced individual.....but sometimes the simplest of things make me want to jump off a cliff!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 4x4dually
I consider myself a reasonalbe technologically advanced individual.....but sometimes the simplest of things make me want to jump off a cliff!!!
i hear ya there...the simplest installs can take me hours...or even days to get new parts...

i replaced all my autometer gauge bulbs with LEDs...took me 3 days to get all the parts i need to get them all working again cuz of all the little doodads i broke trying to put the bulbs in
Old 08-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Banned

Smoke!!!!!!

O boy! Daddy found the "SMOKE" button on his lunch break!!! Dang.....This dude will put it out! (not like you pullers, but a lot of smoke for someone that has never had smoke) It will look better after my 5" stack comes in next week. I ordered it and all the 5" fittings and junk this morning. I found a 4" down pipe from an ol' boy on here and I'll run 4 inch back to the end of the cab, then a 4" to 5" adapter, 24" of 5" flex, 5" 90, presto...into the CHIMNEY!!!! I got the bull horn...I know...not most of you all's favorite...but I is a country boy from OK......what did you expect????? It will look cool sitin' next to the big boys at the stock sales.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 4x4dually
O boy! Daddy found the "SMOKE" button on his lunch break!!! Dang.....This dude will put it out! (not like you pullers, but a lot of smoke for someone that has never had smoke) It will look better after my 5" stack comes in next week. I ordered it and all the 5" fittings and junk this morning. I found a 4" down pipe from an ol' boy on here and I'll run 4 inch back to the end of the cab, then a 4" to 5" adapter, 24" of 5" flex, 5" 90, presto...into the CHIMNEY!!!! I got the bull horn...I know...not most of you all's favorite...but I is a country boy from OK......what did you expect????? It will look cool sitin' next to the big boys at the stock sales.

to each his own but for a single stack i dont think the bull haulers look right...now with duals the bull hauler would be a great pick for a dually. im trying to find some 36" long 6" miters that have the 5" reducer built into the bottom...still cant find them for a reasonable price. but i need to get the head done first
Old 08-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
to each his own but for a single stack i dont think the bull haulers look right...now with duals the bull hauler would be a great pick for a dually. im trying to find some 36" long 6" miters that have the 5" reducer built into the bottom...still cant find them for a reasonable price. but i need to get the head done first
Ain't no room on my truck for two! Plus, I'm not going to mount it real high like a dork. As for your 6 inch miters with the reducer built in.....I don't know. I ordered my stuff from www.airflo.com Complete kit was $262.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:24 PM

I agree about the install, .....took me about 2 1/2 hours. Im VERY satisfied w/ it. Im still lokking into getting a couple gauges, as you can only view 4 readings on the moniter, at one time.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:28 PM

Amen on the 10 min install. It took me that long just to read through the instructions. I have some questions, though the Instruction Manual is excellent the portion of the manual describing how to use the system is poor. What is the recommended settings for someone who drives his truck 20 miles to work every day and pulls a 9000# boat every other weekend? The manual does not explain when you would use the different levels. I would assume you would want level 5 when pulling a boat my size up the ramp but what about on level ground. What about up a hill, or going down a hill? Going back and forward to work, do I just keep it on stock? Also is the default setting what will work best for my truck? And what are the most important things to watch for? I know that the fuel pressure is critical but what else. And are the out of box alarms and defaults set for my truck? Oh so many question, thanks for the help and sorry if these are stupid questions.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by lsgibb
The map sensor only takes forever the first time you do it. Once you break the locking clip then it only takes seconds to pull it off.
Fixed it for you
Old 08-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wstu
Amen on the 10 min install. It took me that long just to read through the instructions. I have some questions, though the Instruction Manual is excellent the portion of the manual describing how to use the system is poor. What is the recommended settings for someone who drives his truck 20 miles to work every day and pulls a 9000# boat every other weekend? The manual does not explain when you would use the different levels. I would assume you would want level 5 when pulling a boat my size up the ramp but what about on level ground. What about up a hill, or going down a hill? Going back and forward to work, do I just keep it on stock? Also is the default setting what will work best for my truck? And what are the most important things to watch for? I know that the fuel pressure is critical but what else. And are the out of box alarms and defaults set for my truck? Oh so many question, thanks for the help and sorry if these are stupid questions.
I haven't got to play with it much yet, but I'm pretty sure you won't want to pull a trailer on 5. It will probably heat up too much and smoke like a freight train. I'd just start at #2 and watch your gauges and attitude monitors. If you need more, bump it up one or adjust the fueling on that level and see what changes. I would think most trucks will be alike, but depends on all the other mods. I'd set your alarm for EGT at 1250 or so and what ever else you think is prudent to not destroy something and mess with all of it. I guess were on our own sometimes....that's the best way to learn, right?

Quick Reply: New Edge Juice w 'tude installed!!!