Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

need opinions on stacks

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need opinions on stacks

Ive decided to put stacks on my dodge but im just not sure what would be the best way to go about this as far as size.Im running 4" to 5" straight exhaust on my pickups so far and it sounds good and extremly loud but i dont want to lose any of the loudness although i do know from running other diesels with stacks that it kind of drones out the sound every inch the pipe gets bigger.

I installed stacks the cheap way on a ford powerstroke i used to own but as far as more of a professional way of adding stacks what parts do i need or what you guys would recommend.

I buy a lot of crap for my big truck at truck pro and fleetpride and i noticed they have a good selection of y and t pipes,elbows,flex pipe etc but does anybody have blueprints before i start purchasing all this stuff?
Old 03-20-2007, 12:05 PM

I got mine at www.chromeroom.com. It was the cheapest place i could find the entire kit and install was very simple. I tried fleetpride and chrome shops but cuoldnt find the y pipe i wanted.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:29 PM

My stack are take offs I got on ebay for $35. Bought the rest of the parts at local truck supply stores. I see that Summit now sells kits for pretty cheap.
The only thing I did different with mine than what most guys do is I "T'd" into a piece of straight pipe instead of using a splitter and I cut my hole in the bed behind the first cross member instead of through it. It sounds great (little drone), smokes even and didn't cost much. I am very happy with the way it turned out.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:07 PM

I Used A Piece Of 4x6 Tubing Across The Front Of Bed Welded The Stacks To The Tubing Put An Outlet In The Center With A Divider So Each Side Gets Same Pressure I Also Used 5" Chrome Clamps From Napa Flat Stye Drilled Bed Side (make Sure Your Spacing Is Right Before U Weld Stacks) Painted With High Temp Paint Looks Pretty Good And Was Cheep!!
Old 03-20-2007, 08:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got in my set of 7 " bull horns can wait to get them installed They are blems but you can hardly notice the blems..