Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Need 2nd gen Input as well!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need 2nd gen Input as well!

Here is poll I posted in the 3rd gen forum and to keep from duplicating it I figured I could post the link and get the 2nd gen guys thoughts on it.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=139387

Feel free to place any comments here as well.

Quad
Old 02-28-2007, 06:28 PM

Already run an AFE standard with a cover.
Of the three on the poll, I'd be most interested in the dry filter if it was oil-less and provided enough filtering to protect the engine while providing the needed air flow.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:45 PM

Just FYI, I like the idea of a dry filter as well hence the reason we are looking to add filters to our lineup.

Now here is what I know about it. It filters well and flows well or as good as the other filters. At regular intervals you do need to knock the dirt out of the filter by simply just banging it out and it regains its flow even if it was fully clogged.

Now the downside is that you will need a new filter every 50K miles or so as it will not have the longevity of the normal guaze type filters.

For me personally I would prefer to buy a new filter every 1.5 yrs than wash and oil the normal filters every 5-10K miles. That is just my take and that is why I wanted some input on which filters everyone likes.

The only advantage to our intake versus the others out there would still be the cost advantage.

Quad