Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

More Mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More Mods

Hey guys,
Well here we go again. This week I should have the trannie done and well I may as well add more power... Right. I can't wait to see how the truck moves with the trannie rebuilt. I was thinking about stacking a box with my EZ but need advice on this. So my questions are these, Should I stack or would new injectors be better? Maybe both. I wasn't planning adding a new turbo yet so I may be in trouble with egts with both. My trannie guy says the new trannie will hold 500hp without much trouble so what do you guys think?
Stack,Injectors or both?
Topper
Old 09-19-2005, 02:37 PM

No Comments... I can't believe it. There is always somebody wanting to spend someone elses money on here.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:37 PM

Well it all depends on your hp goals. If you are looking for just a little "pick-me-up" then I'd say stack two boxes. If you are looking for something similar, maybe with a little bit more pep, then I'd say some mild to medium injectors. Either way, I think you are going to need some fuel upgrades. Now if you decide to go w/ both a stacked box setup and some injectors, your egts will limit you.

Here's what I did and I haven't looked back yet
1. Comp box
1.5 Holley Black
2. Clutch (similar to your tranny)
3. Injectors
4. Turbo
5. Drag Comp (very soon, hopefully this week)

With my setup, I still have egt issues, but they are very controlable and smoke is as we shall call it "controlable."

If I were you, I would figure out my hp goals and go from there. If you're looking to be over the 400 mark, then a bigger turbo is a must. Just under the 400 mark, a stock HX-35 will suffice, but egt problems will occur.

If you trust your tranny guy, then go mach 4's with a VA stacked w/ your ez. A KSb-1 should keep you cool enough for playing around, but it might not on a long hard wot strech.

Good luck.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Topper

If your still running the original VP44, I would stay away from the stacked boxes. Anything you stack your EZ on will be piercing the pump wire....a risky move on the earlier 24v engines.

EZ and a nice set of Mach 1.6's...or even Mach 4's will work great....but you will need to consider doing something with the HY-35.....either way (boxes or injectors).

RJ
Old 09-19-2005, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel4x4
...and smoke is as we shall call it "controlable."
Does that mean you can put it where you want it

~Rob
Old 09-19-2005, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by hotdram
Does that mean you can put it where you want it

~Rob
Exactly. If some ricer is giving you the evil eye, then you got him right where you want him. Now if you're driving down your neighborhood street, and there's kids playing or something like that, then they won't even know you're there (minus the noise of the all mighty Cummins).
Old 09-19-2005, 07:17 PM

Thanks guys,
I'm not sure what to do next. I guess maybe injectors. I need to keep the truck real streetable. I put between 5-10 thou on it per month so fuel mileage is kinda important When I put the RV 275's in my mileage didn't suffer much. If I put mach 4's will it hurt the mileage alot? How about smoke?
Topper
Old 09-19-2005, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Topper
Thanks guys,
I'm not sure what to do next. I guess maybe injectors. I need to keep the truck real streetable. I put between 5-10 thou on it per month so fuel mileage is kinda important When I put the RV 275's in my mileage didn't suffer much. If I put mach 4's will it hurt the mileage alot? How about smoke?
Topper
The truck will still be very streetable w/ mach 4's and milage should not be a concern if you keep your foot off the go-fast pedal. They will put out more smoke than you'd expect, and trust me, you will love it.

If you get just the mach 4's, your turbo will need a serious upgrade to keep your egt's down.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:47 PM

Ok where do I get the B1 turbo. How much should I expect to pay and where would you guys buy one?
Thanks guys!
Topper
Oh yea Are they any good?
Old 09-23-2005, 04:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
B-1's here... http://www.piersdiesel.com/Products.htm
or here.... http://www.powerbypoole.com/dtt.html

Would I buy one? I did! There are more choices/MFG's out there now, than there were
when I bgt my KSB-1....but I'm very happy with it....very strong and reliable!

Now which B-1 model to buy????

RJ